• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorry about this..... Dark, large, well formed but wet poo....

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
Anyone ever had this? Not the usual dry 'golden flecked' poo but very dark brown and full of moisture, still well formed but wet when you, ahem, squeeze them - only about 4 or 5 of them. They have been eating a fair bit of grass lately - esp Lola. Should I worry? :shock:

I can't!!!!!! I'm going slowly more paranoid and I'm just about to give myself two more little lives to worry about!! Seriously - am I wise??

:lol::lol::lol:

the problem is, the more your learn about bunnies, the more worried you get. ignorance is bliss!!!

Ok thanks. I'll keep it in mind and be extra vigilent (if thats at all possible :roll:) and squeeze lots of poos in the morning - there were only just the five that dropped out of a bundle of hay I lifted to sweep under. Gave them a little less pellets tonight hopoing it would make them eat more hay.

How do other rabbits with less paranoid owners survive? Am I too anxious?? I'm not proud to say it but my sister had a rabbit that wasn't nearly as mollycoddled as my two and it lived for 10 years and only ever went to the vet to have nails clipped. It ate waaaaaaaay to much dry food, locust beans (which I've heard you shouldn't feed - so I dont) and none of us knew at that stage to check poo, eating etc.... Poor Max, but she was always full of beans, racing round the garden like a mad thing!! :?

Honestly no worries, rather be pleased. Bunny poops are always dark almost black on grass.
(eg. fresh wildie poops) It's better for them to have a high moisture content - (deformable & even squeeze some water out) your bun is well hydrated, & the gut is working well.:):)

(Golden dry poops come from a bun whose staple is hay which has no water content) ;)

Honestly no worries, rather be pleased. Bunny poops are always dark almost black on grass.
(eg. fresh wildie poops) It's better for them to have a high moisture content - (deformable & even squeeze some water out) your bun is well hydrated, & the gut is working well.:):)

(Golden dry poops come from a bun whose staple is hay which has no water content) ;)

Oh thankyou. I'm smiling at you :) see? That's great!!!

Of course now I'm worried that there were only 5 of them :shock:

:lol::lol::lol: Those of us with stasis prone buns are totally obsessed with bunny poops! It's usually the 1st. sign there's something wrong. I think the obsession may be contagious on here. :oops:

Good news - Most bunnies don't get stasis.

Yep I'm bunny poop obsessed, but if you saw what my bun produces you'd understand why. He's moulting & produced a 9 bead necklace of poops today. At long last I've sussed out that with him, as long as his gut is working well, & the poops are as you describe he passes them OK.:D

The main thing to look out for are uneaten/ unformed Caecs = bacteria in the caecum gone wrong = fiberplex & hay only diet for 2 days.

Smaller than normal poops & less of them = could be early sign of stasis /dental spurs.

:lol::lol::lol: Those of us with stasis prone buns are totally obsessed with bunny poops! It's usually the 1st. sign there's something wrong. I think the obsession may be contagious on here. :oops:

Good news - Most bunnies don't get stasis.

Yep I'm bunny poop obsessed, but if you saw what my bun produces you'd understand why. He's moulting & produced a 9 bead necklace of poops today. At long last I've sussed out that with him, as long as his gut is working well, & the poops are as you describe he passes them OK.:D

The main thing to look out for are uneaten/ unformed Caecs = bacteria in the caecum gone wrong = fiberplex & hay only diet for 2 days.

Smaller than normal poops & less of them = could be early sign of stasis /dental spurs.

Thanks. That's helpful. I def think I am more paranoid now than I was before I joined the forum. Also more clued in though!! Have to take the rough with the smooth etc !!

Thanks. That's helpful. I def think I am more paranoid now than I was before I joined the forum. Also more clued in though!! Have to take the rough with the smooth etc !!

When you say rough/smooth do you mean texture?? :lol:

Another day another poop post, we are just obsessed!!! mine got poos like that after eating readigrass

Back