• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

you know those special little traits..

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
that make us fall deeply inlove with our bunnies well ive found hollys :love::love:

She is actually very Alvin like :shock::shock:, shes quite a little madam and she grunts a sweet little grunt as she stamps her foot when i have displeased her :love::love:

She sleeps really deep and flops ALOT

ive struggled to find this love because i know i should but i was hoping for another Pearl :oops::oops:

she refuses to come to me, she freezes when i enter the room and shes certainly not a licky bun the total opposite to Pearl, she shreaded my chest when i tried to find that lump she didnt have and she really misbehaved at the vets too..

how did i get two alvins and how am i pleased by this :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i really feel sorry for her old owner, how anyone parted with this little lady ill never know :love::love::love:

so whats the quirks you love about your bunnies ??

Awe... lovely thread... How do I love thee? Let me count the ways......

1. Lola's 'imperfect' lop ears that still sit out to the side and flap like wings when she runs.
2. The way Lola snatches spring greens from me and runs away with it to a quiet corner like a dog with a bone. I love the sight of her big butt and her big feet - one pointing to the left and one to the right as she runs away with it.
3. When Benson makes all my chores twice as long as he sits on or in the middle of everything I do.
4. The way Benson has just started hopping on to my knee sometimes when I sit on the step (on a look but dont touch basis only!!)

I wish I didn't love them so much. They're always on my mind.

I love that my rambo likes to bring me all the flowerpots and hit me with them if I don't pay enough attention.

I love that lola likes to lick my muffin top, and how she never gets tired of strokes.

I love eli because he's become so incredibly friendly despite his poor start. When he sees I'm near he runs up to the door, ready to leap in to my lap when I open it.

Blackberry - I love that I never need to wash my face and hands again 'cos he'll lick them all over every day. I love that he sits in the cleaned out toilet corner and has to have a pee. I love that he thinks he can throw a full size broom around :lol:

Dandelion - I love that he'll grab my sleeve and pull it into the hutch for nose rubs. I love that he will grab his strawberry leaf and run away with it to eat it before Clover gets to it. I love the way he throws himself at the bars of the run or hutch whenever I go near him.

Buttercup - I love that he's very shy but will still tolerate me stroking him. I love the way he mothers Blackberry (and gets him to behave :lol:). I love the way he stretches out to relax in the sun with his fuzzy feet stretched out behind him.

Clover - I love his fat little face, and the way he has the softest fur ever. I love the way he loves his food and enjoys every mouthful. I love the way he has a major strop if he has to have medication - shredding anything in his way, and then snuggles down for a cuddle.

I love them all :love::love::love:

blackberry & co just reminded me about litter trays!

I love that my two girls just will not stand for a litter tray. It's a pain in the **** but I can't help but laugh when I try to introduce one and every time, without fail, they go over to it, tip it over, drag it as far away as possible and push all the shavings back in to their pee corner. :lol:
once I tried clipping on on to the bars of their run and they pulled it so hard they snapped the plastic.

Bit of a bizarre one, but I love the way Gertie bites and pulls at my trouser legs when I'm sitting on their hidy house in the run and I've got Robert on my lap cleaning his eyes! She's almost defensive of her man! :love:

Radish:

I love the way she holds her ears when the phone rings or when someone makes a nose. She also runs out of her dog crate if she is in it and stands on the middle of her fleece and puts her ears at that angle.

I love the way she runs up to see me everytime I enter the room (I think she's after food)

She loves to lick me especially my nose :love:

The fact she has her own special chair she likes to sit on :lol:

Waffle:

The way she does a little dance when I bring her breakfast or dinner.

The fact she takes her favourite food from her bowl and runs as far away from me as possible :lol: She clearly thinks i'm out to steal it.

The little grunty noise she makes when she comes running up to me.

The fact she pretends to be scared of me running away sometimes then when I go over to her digging corner she starts to headbutt my legs :roll:

tabby's helicopter ears and dark mark that make her 'imperfect' from some people's point of view, just make her lovable to me. and she has the sweetest little bunny face. and matthew, he's so snuggly when i hold him, and his face is so beautiful. he grunts when he disapproves of me, the naughty boy, and tried to headbutt my neck out of the way the other day - how did he think my head would stay up without it?

I love the way the top of Bungle's fluffly head smells.

I love waking up in the night to hear Snowdrop binkying.

I love how Strawberry binkies in circles playing a game when I try to put him away at night!

Sally. I love the way she follows o/h around the room, keeping an eye on him. She will sit and stare at him for hours. (Cant work out if she loves him or distrusts him.)
The way she honks when i am feeding her pellets.:lol:
The way she jumps on the bed to see if anything interesting is happening.
The way she is a bit more fluffier after each molt.

Feegal. I love the way he runs up to me for his food, he looks like a little fat pony:lol:
The way he lays his head on the floor purring for hours, when I fuss him.
That weired bond you get with some animals, almost like they know what you are thinking.
The way his tide lines change all the time.

I love them both so much. When I get stressed, I go and see them and for a while they are all I can think of:love:

I love :love:

The way Pickle runs around hoovering up his SS pellets, how he waits until his veggies are placed in the hutch before he runs up the ramp to get to them first.

The way Pootle lays snoozing in the sunshine, how she gives as good as she gets with Pickle and his bullyish ways.

The way Twinkle sticks her face right up to my face and looks as if she is smiling at me, her little white heart shape around her twitching nose, how she stamps her feet and makes her funny little noises when she annoyed.

The way Sparkle is the gentlest little bun I have ever met, always aware of Twinkle nearby and ready to groom her whenever she demands

:love::love::love::love::love:

Artie, oh he has so many special traits :love::love:

When I'm working on the computer in an evening and I look over my shoulder he moves as if so say, "Are you coming to see me?" Then when I switch the computer off he stretches and gets ready for a fuss :love::love::love:

When I'm picking all the loose hair off his back that he can't reach and rooting through the tangly bits and checking his bum is clean, he's busy grooming my feet the whole time I'm grooming him :love::love::love: (although just occasionally he's actually been chewing holes in the hems of my trousers and I hadn't realised :roll:)

Esme is directly behind me as I work so late evening when she thinks it's time for a fuss she will have a look to see what I'm doing - I can hear her claws on the NIC cage - if I turn to look at her she pulls a cheeky face :lol::lol: When I've been fussing Artie and get up she does about 3 or 4 laps of her pen because she knows she is next. We also have a 'game' when I'm putting Excel in her dish - I have to time it carefully to make sure I keep my fingers :lol::lol:

Roo is the ultimate greedy bun. Usually when I've been out for at least an hour and enter the house he will start running laps of his pen in excitment then ask for a treat. He's really special around gentle Tinks and he always goes over to groom her straight after they've eaten a treat (which is funny because he probably pushed her out of the way to get to the treat first!) :love::love:

Tinks' special trait is although she doesn't like any physical fuss from her humin she does a lot of eye contact that makes me know she trusts me :love::love: Yesterday when I was in their pen with them fussing Roo she eventually came over to us and happy flopped next to Roo - it was the most amazing moment as she normally watches cautiously when I fuss Roo in case I try to make her have some fuss as well. (Yesterday she actually let me give her nose rubs as well) :love::love:

Elijah's most adorable trait is when I've gone to the far end of the garden gathering special food for him... he's in a hutch above a run and I can see him running up and down the ramp to try and get the best view of what I'm doing ... when he's in the run he periscopes to see if I'm collecting raspberry leaves then gets really excited as I make my way over with his food :love:

Last edited:
The way Nutmeg comes running when she sees me. :love:

The way Mini and Mischa wait at the door for me. Even if I do tell them off for sitting behind the door.

The way Smudge will only tolerate me and me alone. :love:

There are more but my brain is frazzled.

The way Leo, when his indoor cage (only at cleaning the kitchen time) is put on the side and he leans right out nosying down at whats going on and waiting for food. And also how he pushes his head against my face waiting for me to rub my bottom lip up against his nose ... Hygiene at its best :oops:

Archie and how he hates being picked up but will happily jump all over you begging for food/tries to escape as soon as his hutch door is open/comes up for mega nose to nose rubs. He also pretends to hate it when I shove my head into his sleeping area and talk in a baby voice to him, but within 5seconds he's straight over rubbing his face against mine :love:

Whenever Blanche hears "her" bell she comes charging up to wherever I am and stands on her back legs demanding pellets. And when I pick her up her front legs go on either side of her face as she rests against my chest.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I love the way the top of Bungle's fluffly head smells.

im glad its not just me that loves that 'bunny' smell:love:
i love it when you sit next to Pierre and he just closes his eyes and leans against you.
i love the way that no matter where you are in relation to her Kyi ALWAYS seems to know when you are eating an apple and will come running:lol:
i love the fact that Inara is just like Enya. (ie a little madam who binkies sideways away from you if you tell her off but who can be very protective of you when she is in a cuddly mood)

Aawww, I'm glad Holly has turned out to be the right one:love:

BB - my greediest bunny, but the most gentle with me (not with other bunnies though!!). You could hold a crumb between your fingers and she'd keep trying to get it whatever way she could, but she'd never ever bite, not even graze your finger, but she'd get the crumb in the end:lol:

I :love: Blakey when she's kicked Mr Bingley out of the sunny spot in the run by lying full stretch and she's just giving her all to the sunbathing, head up, eyes closed ... blissful wabbit. I love that she's teeny tiny compared to the other three but she's the most fiesty and adventurous. I love when she does 'Up ups' up the OHs legs onto the sofa (we say 'Blakey, Up ups' and she comes racing over and pings onto his lap :love:) I love that she and Mr Bingley will be out in the run at breakfast time but when you open the shed door they've magically appeared in the hutch, periscoping for their breakie.

I :love: Mr Bingley because when we rescued him from his previous owners he wouldn't let us put him down on the floor after we'd spent a good 3 hours untangling his matts, and when we tried he just hopped straight back into our laps. I love that he knows his own mind and knows how he likes things in his hutch... our game when I'm cleaning out his litter tray 'No, mummeh, don't want the hay in it' *chucks it out - mummeh puts it back in - he chucks itout again* 'Now, mummeh, dis is how it is, when you go I'LL sorts it' I love how he thinks he's still a young rabbit and try and keep up with Blakey by binkying then has to have a nap afterwards coz he's pooped.

I :love: Bo because she's a proper scaredy wabbit, but doesn't like to show it. She waits for Barnaby to investigate and then she'll come and muscle in being all 'ard, however she still won't go onto the laminate floor off the rug in the living room :roll: I love that she tooth chatters when you're grooming her ... but then wees on you just as you're putting her down to show that she's still the boss. I love that she wants to kill all telephone books and yellow pages .... just goes for the most awesome shredding half hour you've ever seen. I'll never need confetti again.

I :love: Barnaby because he is the most gentle and timid of the four, but he still runs over to the side of the run to see you when you come out. I love that he enjoys his ear rubs so much now he puts his heaad down when he sees me so I'll give hima good massage. I love when he throws his kitchen rool tube around, he looks like he's having the best time of his life. I love that he's investigator bunny - I once had to drag the cooker out because he got stuck behind it (I seriously didn't think he could fit down the side of it ... all i could see was a little furry bottom quivering with indignation).

All my bunnys I love for themselves and they make me smile in their own way each and every day :love:

Lola.
Her "ballsy" attitude - I wish I had her confidence1 The evil stares she gives when she is not happy - it could pickle onions. The way she always flicks her back feet at me when I put her in garden and the way she snuggles up in my neck when I pick her up.

Lucy.

Her shyness. She is so keen to copy Lola but does not have the confidence. She adores Lola but sometimes demands a good licking from Lola when she is feeling brave as Lola is very dominant. I also love her massive binkies!

Bobby is a madame, thumpy grumper when I am not fast enough with her food!

She has no fear of anything only runs away when she has something she shouldn't usually my bank statements or letters!... She is so clever she knows what she is doing when i open the bun room and she leads Carlo off into a chase and the doubles back and comes gets the noms before him! poor Carlo is still running around the landing with not a clue that she has tricked him!

Carlo will tip toe up to me and lick my face hands whatever, untill I rub his head, and then when I am done he boxes me till i do some more!... I love that he always wants to stand guard while his ladie is sleeping

When he is dozy he has one ear that lops to the side:love:

His endless energy, and then when he has worn himself out he is dead to the world..

What do i love about Fudge:

I love that she comes right to the front of her cage when i walk in the room after work. Like she is happy and pleased to see me :)

In love when she runs circles round my feet at food time.

I love her little grumpy moods she looks adorable.

I love that she asks for snuggles and nose rubs and gives me cute bunny kisses:love:

I love when she stares at me for something, either food, a cuddle, to get on the bed etc.

I love how she knows when im upset and always makes me feel better.

I love when she moves her head and ears when i talk to her like she knows what im saying and moves her little lips like shes talking back :love:

I love when she gets all comfortable in bed next to me and falls fast asleep.

I love when she flops on her magazines :roll: and runs laps round my room and practically bounces of my walls.

There is not one thing i dont love about Fudge, i think she is 100% perfect and im so thankfull and grateful i get to share my life with such a wonderful caring bunny :love::love::love:

Back