• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Most Matted Bun I've Seen

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Went to pick up a stray bun today and the poor little thing is the most matted bunny I've ever seen:cry:
Under her long fur she is one big matt..all pulling her skin

eppiebum.jpg

and her feet and tail end..in front of where you can see my finger is a huge lump of matted yukky fur about 3 inches deep

eppiefeet.jpg

and her chest and chin area

eppiechin.jpg

and the lovely little lady herself who was named Eppie by the little boy of the family who managed to catch her
the long hair you can see is covering a totally matted body..and the bun underneath is very thin

eppie.jpg

She will be going to the vets on Tuesday to be sedated and shaved as there is no way this can be dealt with by brushing and trimming:cry:

Last edited:
I dont even think Mr Bean's clippers could sort that out.
Poor Bun, I bet her skin is all pulled and sore from the mats :cry:

That last photo should go to the "disapproving rabbits". :lol:

Poor thing. I hope she'll feel a lot better after getting rid of all that fur. :(

Awwww, poor little munchkin. Will the family who found her take her on, if she's not claimed? That'd be really sweet.

Poor little girlie. I look forward to the pictures when after being shaved all her fluff grows back and she is groomed and well cared for.

She looks so unhappy in the photos :cry:

Oh bless her. She looks just like poor Bungle when he first came to Kirkby.

I hope she can be made more comfortable soon.

What a pretty bunny and what a shame shes been so neglected, thank god you found each other, shes a doll. :love: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Aaaww, she'll need a little jumper after the shave to keep her warm:D

She looks a little sweetie - wonder how long she's been in that state...

:shock: Cripes! And I thought my Barely was looking a little funky today...

I hope she'll feel better after having her coat off. Good job she came to you in the summer rather than the middle of winter I guess. :? Give her some nose rubs from me, she is a little beauty. :love:

Back