• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RU Bunny awards??

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
So I was having a little ponder to myself!! I notice we use the phrase Wonder Bun a lot, it got me thinking that maybe we should award somebunnies with the prestigious WB title for acts of extreme courage and bravery for example Super Timmy WB and Scamp WB What do you think?

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Kinda like the reverse of the bridge - we celebrate the bunnies that have made it through adversity?!

Yes, yes, yes - what a fantastic idea!!!! :D
It's been such a dark month for RU I think a lovely, uplifting idea like this is just what the vet ordered :thumb:

:thumb:

I like that idea a lot. It would be quite nice if we could have general awards. I used to be on an old message board ages ago where certain people had a little picture next to their name that meant something. Don't think I've explained that properly but maybe it's something the mods could look into?

I see your point....but I fear that newer members would get left out. :? Also...Teddy is dead, and I call him a wonderbun...I'd feel awkward doing it on RU if it's an "award" that he obviously wouldn't qualify for...as he died.

It'd be really hard to do, and possibly too much work for the mods.

A lovely idea, but I fear it'd cause adversity. :oops:

I think bridge buns deserve a special mention anyway so in my opinion that wouldn't rule out Teddy.

Agree - everybody thinks their own bunnies are wonder buns.

If it was an anonymous vote though people couldn't kick off about it? It would ruin the whole point really.

Could do top 3 bravest bunnies per month? And people can add the title to their signature, so no extra work for the mods. I think RB is a great tribute to the rabbits we lose, so it doesnt need to contend with that. Just adds a lighter and more positive note to whats going on. The rabbits dont have to be totally well when they receive their award, but it might make the owner feel more positive and encouraged?

I think bridge buns deserve a special mention anyway so in my opinion that wouldn't rule out Teddy.

If it was an anonymous vote though people couldn't kick off about it? It would ruin the whole point really.

I'm not implying anyone would 'kick off' about it - it's just that we all feel our own bunnies are special, and just because they're lucky not to have to overcome adversity etc it doesn't mean that they're not wonder buns to us.

I would still call my boys my wonder buns, because that's what they are to me :)

I'm not implying anyone would 'kick off' about it - it's just that we all feel our own bunnies are special, and just because they're lucky not to have to overcome adversity etc it doesn't mean that they're not wonder buns to us.

I would still call my boys my wonder buns, because that's what they are to me :)

I realised my post sounded really agressive then it wasn't meant to be! It wasn't directed at you or suggesting that you personally would kick off. It was more a bit of a dig at anyone who would be childish enough to throw a tantrum because their buns didn't get picked.

But everyone's buns are special to them. How can you decide who's buns are more special? :? Some buns are more "well known" on RU than other's but it doesn't mean they're any more "special" to their owners.

I really think it'd all end in tears! I do think it's a lovely idea, but don't think it'd work. You might as well give it to every single member, as all buns are special to someone...whether they have a long fight against an illness....drop dead inexplicably...or die after they've battled with some big nasty. :( They're all special.

I think both my boys are incredible - in fact I genuinly think they're the best in the world! :love: Surely everyone thinks that about their own buns though, so wouldn't it just lead to people feeling excluded if there are 'favourites' on RU?

I think both my boys are incredible - in fact I genuinly think they're the best in the world! :love: Surely everyone thinks that about their own buns though, so wouldn't it just lead to people feeling excluded if there are 'favourites' on RU?

This is what I'm trying to say....but failing spectacularly! :lol:

On another forum I'm on we have a yearbook. It's for us, not bunnies, but maybe something similar here would be fun?
Then each bunny could have a photo put up or something, and people could write comments for them. Maybe they could get titles too, "fluffiest feets", "king of the litter tray".
Then everyone would be included...

On another forum I'm on we have a yearbook. It's for us, not bunnies, but maybe something similar here would be fun?
Then each bunny could have a photo put up or something, and people could write comments for them. Maybe they could get titles too, "fluffiest feets", "king of the litter tray".
Then everyone would be included...

I think that's a better idea. After all, you wouldn't find the forum's 'favourite kids' on a parenting website, would you?

Back