• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any help with baby food?

Gertie

Mama Doe
Robert's actually willing now to take baby food from the syringe (see this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=230236 for more info. on Robert's issues).

I have only managed to get carrot and sweet potato, vegetables (there's normal potato in this one) and banana and peach.

I think the potato and sweet potato are ok in baby food as it is cooked, but just want to see if anyone knows this for sure! :?

If you can find 'Ella's kitchen organic baby food' it is good and there a quite a few flavours without potato- apple, carrot and parsnip, apple and banana, strawberry and apple, broccoli, pea and basil are all good.

If you can find 'Ella's kitchen organic baby food' it is good and there a quite a few flavours without potato- apple, carrot and parsnip, apple and banana, strawberry and apple, broccoli, pea and basil are all good.

Wish I could, but it's gone 4 now and there's laws on Sunday for the shops! :censored:

I'm panicking a bit! Just want to make sure these foods aren't going to hurt him! :oops:

Wish I could, but it's gone 4 now and there's laws on Sunday for the shops! :censored:

I'm panicking a bit! Just want to make sure these foods aren't going to hurt him! :oops:

I think you will be Ok, I asked about potato in baby food when I had to feed Jess and the general replies were it was better that she ate something and the potato wasn't bad- its just better without.

I think you will be Ok, I asked about potato in baby food when I had to feed Jess and the general replies were it was better that she ate something and the potato wasn't bad- its just better without.

Thanks so much! I was getting worried!

If you look under new posts you will see the thread I was talking about- sorry I don't know how to add it to your one.:oops:

I've seen it, thanks again! I've been refreshing new posts like a demon since I posted! :lol:

Jasmine was having apples ,carrots and parsnips from Ellas kitchen this time but when I syringe fed her in January I used Hipp baby food,apple and mango I think.....on both occasions it was mixed with recovery food or whizzed up soaked pellets.

hipps red berry and apple compote is a good one too i use this for my buns and the carrot adn parsnip one (tho i hear some people wont give parsnips) i aLSO REccomend soaking pellets or blending apples etc up yourself

Thanks for the advice on this. :) I used to get these little plastic pots years ago when I had bunnies with teeth issues, but can't find them nowadays! My old boy with the hay allergy used to willingly eat the green one, which was great seeing as hay allergy + Nethie = dentals galore!
I was using slurry made with well soaked pellets as he will normally tollerate that when we have these issues with him. He's also had critical care, but he's certainly more reluctant to eat that willingly! I've now alternated between the slurry and the carrot and sweet potato and he's had a few syringes full willingly! At this stage, I'm very pleased to get him to eat ANYTHING, so hoping it continues. Why do shops still need to close a 4pm on a Sunday! :censored:

Thanks Happy Hopping and thanks again to every one else! I did actually have a Hipp organic one - the mixed veg one. He's been eating the excel slush mostly though - but still only syringed, not on his own. :( At least it's something though!

Back