• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue/petshop/breeder??

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
I think I'm going to rescue a guineapig, but I want to get him a wife. He goes for neutering on Thursday and I can have him 4 weeks after. My quandry is....

There are no girlies in the rescue and they say they haven't had any for ages.

Soooo What is the lesser of 3 evils......

1. Go to a :shock::shock::shock:pet shop:shock::shock::shock:
2. Go to a :shock::shock::shock:breeder:shock::shock::shock:
3. Let him live on his own until I get him a wife from a rescue, however long it takes.

I really don't want to leave him alone for long though. Have the USPCA still to try but the one near me I think only have dogs and cats.

try preloved and the adoption section in pets at home. That way you're still giving a home to a guinea that needs one.

Otherwise I'd probably choose a breeder as you can go check out the conditions and the parents and make sure you're happy supporting their business and with the health of your piggie.

Ah. All good ideas.

I'm in N. Ireland so dont know about the piggy run thing. Will spend some time trying to rehome one before I buy. Will start with USPCA tomorrow. If they don't have any maybe they can point me in the right direction. Will ask vet also.

Back