• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Alfie

Suzanne

Mama Doe
Alfie, my housebun hasn't been the same since I was burguled. He used to always sit with me on the sofa and he loved cuddles on my knee, jump on the bed and interact with me loads. Now he doesn't really pay me much attention. He loves being stroked on the floor but won't come to me anymore. He's become quite nervous, if i come into the room I have to make sure he's seen or heard me otherwise he makes a mad dash behind the sofa. He just generally doesn't seem himself. I don't know if it's related to the burgularly or not. He was vet checked a couple of weeks ago and all was ok, he is a dental bunny but I don't think it's related to that. I try to spend as much time as possible with him but he just seems a bit depressed. I know he would love a friend but having just been made redundent I can't really take on another bunny at the moment.

I just don't know what to do to help him.

How are you feeling since you were burgled?

I'm fine about it now. I've upped my security, got a new alarm fitted and I even set it at night when I go to bed too. I'm just worried about Alfie cause I think it has had an effect on him too.

I was just wondering if he may be acting as he does because you have been feeling nervy and scared since, and he is picking up on that. Sounds like maybe you're not now though, so that may be a moot point.

Poor Alfie. It may take him a while to get over the shock of it happening.

Maybe he is missing Snowdrop! lol He seemed to like them smell of her litter tray!

I really think he needs a friend. When he's in the garden he always goes up the shed to see the others and cause bother :roll:

Poor Alfie, I don't know your situation I'm afraid but is there any chance of Alfie being bonded with any of the others... ?

I am sorry about your job Suzanne

Aww poor Alfie, he's such a lovely boy:love: I hope he soon settles down again, he was so happy when I saw him at your house, perhaps it's just made him nervous:cry:

Poor Alfie, I don't know your situation I'm afraid but is there any chance of Alfie being bonded with any of the others... ?

I am sorry about your job Suzanne

Thanks. I have thought about trying him with the others. I don't think Dandelion would except him though as when Willow died we tried to introduce Hazel and he was having none of it. I might give it a go with Rosie and Leo but I'm a bit scared to at the moment.

Thanks. I have thought about trying him with the others. I don't think Dandelion would except him though as when Willow died we tried to introduce Hazel and he was having none of it. I might give it a go with Rosie and Leo but I'm a bit scared to at the moment.

I think its true that some bunnies REALLY do love their mates don't they? Wish you all the best whatever you decide:)

I found that Bobby as she got older wanted less fuss off me, and looked a bit sad:cry: this was when she was a loan house bun, but she would have up days and down days, funnily enough when I was down she used to sit under the chair and hide from me!

Back