• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another problem with Leo ... Help. EDIT: Picture post 11

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
I've just been giving Leo a clean up and I noticed a patch about the size of a 5p that's bald with a few things that I can only describe as scabs.

He's had his cone on with a kitten collar for the past 2months :shock: so I don't know if it's possibly something to do with that?

He doesn't seem to be in any discomfort when I touch it. I have tried to get a picture but it doesn't really pick up on camera.

Could it be mites? If so what do I need to do. He's due at the vets for a check up on Saturday. Can it wait until then?

ETA: Just realised that I put this in rabbit chat. Can someone move it to health please.

Also I forgot to mention the patch is on his neck.

Last edited:
Where are you seeing the scabs/patches?

If it is mites... the scabes could have been made by scratching...
Toffee had scabes and patches on his neck, which i thought was because of mites, but it was infact from itching his ear because of an ear infection :roll:

Does sound like mites. If his immune system is low or he's stressed it can happen.

Hope he feels better soon.

Where are you seeing the scabs/patches?

If it is mites... the scabes could have been made by scratching...
Toffee had scabes and patches on his neck, which i thought was because of mites, but it was infact from itching his ear because of an ear infection :roll:

The patch where it is though is somewhere that he can't really scratch? :?

He seems completely fine and is currently shreading a towel as we speak :roll: but I'm just a bit worried about this.

He's not had any injections in the past two weeks, possibly three?

If he had Baytril injections 3 weeks ago then he may have had a small reaction which went unnoticed and the fur loss is just the end stage of the healing process. Cant say for certain of course !

If he had Baytril injections 3 weeks ago then he may have had a small reaction which went unnoticed and the fur loss is just the end stage of the healing process. Cant say for certain of course !

Fingers crossed that that's it. I'm going to call the vets as soon as my brother gets off the phone and just double check with them when his last injection was and if it could possibly be a side effect.

I've got a bad feeling it could possibly be mites but lets hope not. I don't want to have to give my boy any more treatment. :cry:

Fingers crossed that that's it. I'm going to call the vets as soon as my brother gets off the phone and just double check with them when his last injection was and if it could possibly be a side effect.

I've got a bad feeling it could possibly be mites but lets hope not. I don't want to have to give my boy any more treatment. :cry:

Can you post a pic of it ?

I'm trying too but not having too much luck at the moment. My cameras not the best and doesn't really pick it up. I'll keep trying though :)

Loks like mites to me.

I feel like such a rubbish bunny mummy. What is the cause of mites? I've been changing his puppy pads three if not four times a day so he's definatly clean and his wound gets bathed every few hours. Along with a bottom bath when required.

I've just read that cheyletiella mites often carry Myxi. Please tell me this isn't true. :shock:

I thought it could possibly be from his cone but from looking at it it doesn't really look likely. I'm going to get to P@H tomorrow and get some treatment and also mention it to the vets on Saturday, see if they offer anything.

I'm hoping it is down to his injections really but not looking too likely. At least he's well enough and is still coming up for cuddles and licking so he still loves me, phew :love:

Back