• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I hate feeling helpless UD post 61, Thursday morning

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Badger is having a bad day and I can do absolutely nothing to really help him. All I can do is keep him company and keep him calm.

Poor Badger :(

Last edited:
Poor chap :cry:
A couple of my chronic Respiratory problem Buns are not doing so well atm either :cry: Its worse when they are also stress-heads isn't it. As our attempts to help them, medicating etc, just gets them worked up and makes their breathing worse :cry:

Poor chap :cry:
A couple of my chronic Respiratory problem Buns are not doing so well atm either :cry: Its worse when they are also stress-heads isn't it. As our attempts to help them, medicating etc, just gets them worked up and makes their breathing worse :cry:

You're not wrong there!

My vet says that he can tell a noticeable difference in Badger's heart rate when I touch him, from when he is not being touched by me and it apparently improves greatly, so I can offer him comfort that way, but the rest, sit and qait. Can't nebulise, can't take him to the vets, we just have to wait it out and wait for his antibiotics to kick in again.

just debated with dad about whether or not to take Badger down the vets and see if he can go in the oxygen chamber for a while. We feel the risks and stress outweigh the benefits for Badger. Urgh!

Poor Badger. :( It certainly is worrying what to do for the best sometimes.

I hope he's comfortable. x

I know I'm always blathering on about hayfever, but it's very bad weather for hayfever here in Essex today - drizzly and overcast. I'm sure more of our small animals are sufferers than we realise.

Hope Badger picks up soon. x

I know I'm always blathering on about hayfever, but it's very bad weather for hayfever here in Essex today - drizzly and overcast. I'm sure more of our small animals are sufferers than we realise.

Hope Badger picks up soon. x

Now there's a thought! Something else I can chart along with his symptoms. Thanks!

Badger has deteriorated further since yesterday. I was hoping today or tomorrow the Zithromax may kick in and he may do an about face, but now we've gone from nose in the air breathing, to mouth slightly open while doing it too. :(

Rosie has a vets appointment this afternoon and I don't think Badger would cope with the needless visit so I will be splitting them up for the first time. I feel very guilty about it, but don't see any other option.

Badger is such an incredibly special bunny and Now I'm having to start grieving for him.

Yesterday he was distressed by his breathing. Today, from what I have seen, he isn't. He's still perky, he's still eating and drinking. He's still a pickle and emptying his litter trays. He is still very much alive and wanting to live.

How could life be so cruel striking down bunnies who want to live and love life. I don't just mean Badge, I mean many others recently on here and many others through time.

If he keeps on deteriorating then Badger won't be with us for much longer. I'm going to do everything I can to make this time wonderful for him.

Please, can he have any vibes you have spare.

Sending you and Badger all the vibes that us and the bunnies have. Hope he pulls through this difficult time. :angel:

I dont know if it'd be any help to Badger, but Eddie's chronic respiratory tract problems have responded well to Theophyllin.

I am sorry to hear that Badger is struggling :cry:

Thanks everyone and Thank you Jane very much. He's on Corvental, but maybe the Theophylline might be slightly difference?

Any unprofessional dose advice?

Back