• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soggy Hay???

bubz_79

Warren Scout
NEW BUNNY MUMMY ALERT

I have a silly question will my buns still eat the soggy hay due to the rain? Or is it best to get rid?

NEW BUNNY MUMMY ALERT

I have a silly question will my buns still eat the soggy hay due to the rain? Or is it best to get rid?

My worry is that it'd start going mouldy. I'd say get rid, and store it in a dry area next time.

Have we seen piccies of yours yet? If not POST!! :D

Last edited:
I would try to keep it dry. I doubt they will like to eat wet hay although some people lightly spritz their hay to reduce dust but that's not a soaking if you see what i mean.

I'd get rid. Hay is best kept in a cool, dry place - I buy a bale and store it in an old duvet cover in a shady shed.

Just what i thought i will be cleaning it all out in a bit. I am waiting for their shed to arrive so at the moment they have hay around the enclosure and in the hutch. I have posted pics yes :D and will post more soon as my new giant babies will be ready to come to me in a couple of weeks

Ah I wondered if you meant in a hutch or enclosure, yes I'd clear it out asap as well bedding will chill them and wet hay will start to decompose.

It depends.... some horse owners soak their hay to get rid of dust (but then it's eaten straight after).
It depends whether it gets mouldy.

Back