• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed - Bullying

happybunny

Mama Doe
Hi,

I really need some advice on what to do with one of our bunnies that seems to be a target for bullying.

Boo was originally bonded with Abbie, Benjamin and Bailey. We notices she was losing weight and after lots of vet treatment realised that Abbie was actually scaring her so much she was hardly eating.

We removed Boo and bonded her with Oliver. Her weight went back on and all was well.

When Oliver died we bonded Boo with the family. Mum Harley and 3 children Scoot, Robyn (daughters) and Quinn (son). Things were going well until 2 months ago when Boo started to loose weight again. After more vet treatment we began to suspect bullying again.

Over the last week have tried to bond Boo with a living room bunnies - Dylan and Scarlet. It looks like Scarlet will never accept a bunny on her terrortory. On neutral ground Scarlet stays clear but back in the living room it all goes wrong. We have shampood the carpet, mover what we can around and used disinfectant on everything.

Now we have no where for Boo to go. We do not have room for a single bunny and need some advice on what we can do!

Is it worth trying her with the original 3 again (it has been about 18 months since she saw them).

Try and rebond her with the family?

Or somethign else that we are missing.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks

It sounds like she does better when its just her and 1 other bunny...

However i dont have any experience of this, and i hope someone can come along soon to give you more advice.

Is there anybun that she gets on with best?
i know that means breaking up somebun from a group... but it will also means that nobun is on their own? :?

I wish I had room for just to be with 1 other bun, not that I would know who to choose.

We thought about a pair when we had to split her from the original 3. Obviously she could not go with the female who was the problem but the 2 males are so close it would have been unfair to split them.

Oh well looks like I will have to magic up an answer...

Back