• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch layouts

vilonor

Warren Scout
sorry i know i know i never stop!!!

im wondering how you do yours?

i do hay in the nest bit,,...straw in the run bit and ive given up putting anything on the top bit because nothing lasts! hes food bowl is up there and a teeny bit of hay.
ive thought about putting a towel up there so ITS not on bare wood, but was worried incase he ate it?

whats yours like?

I have lino on the base of my hutches and a large litter tray with megasorb at the bottom and hay on top, some accomodations have another litter tray and a large bag holder full of hay hanging up somewhere in the hutch

Straw in the nest area, hay upstairs and woodshavings downstairs, and in their littertrays.

Lino on the floors, a wooden box bedroom upstairs and one downstairs (didn't like the built in one) packed with hay, hay on top of the bedrooms and at the sides (they like to vary where they lie). Water bottle upstairs and downstairs. Food bowl upstairs (although it has been thrown down the ramp a few times when empty :roll:). The little boys like their litter tray upstairs, the big boys have their downstairs. Toys go downstairs, cos these just get thrown down the ramp too :lol:

Litter tray downstairs with megazorb and 2 different flavour hays in each corner, ecobed on the floor around the litter tray for half of the hutch, then lots of hay in the other half (which gets topped up as and when they need it throughout the week), plus more hay (and straw in the winter) in the bed-box upstairs. I sprinkle some hay on the shelf upstairs, but as others have said, it mainly gets pushed down. They have a bowl of water & their veg bowls upstairs, with their pellets scattered and buried in the hay downstairs.

I'd like to get some lino tiles for the upstairs shelf, but haven't gotten round to it - mainly cos I don't know where to start looking! Although Spice does a very good DJ impression on the shelf, which I will miss!

I'll be getting some ceramic tiles to put on the shelf during the day soon too, to help them keep cool in the heat, and although the shelf has the least amount of room for them to lay - not to mention a perilous drop down the ramp - this is where they always lay!

Any extras that I put in, like willow balls, I put in the bottom. They would just get pushed down there anyway! There's also a hay rack on one of the downstairs doors, and I bought a kabob yesterday which I want to hang inside the hutch rather than on the door, so I'm currently in consultations with my mum as to how I can go about this!

Probably a bit more info than was necessary... :oops::roll:

xxx

well the hutch has a sleeping quarter which the fuzzer has decided is the toilet so the litter trays go in there :roll:

then he has his hay in a manger on the back wall and his blanket wherever he decides he wants it that day, likewise with his food bowls!!

the only thing that stays in the same place is the trays! :lol:

Two litter trays downstairs and one in the bedroom with loads of hay. They have a fleecy blanket they like to snuggle on upstairs and a water bowl. The hutch is in their playhouse so they have baskets of hay and hideouts in the playhouse as well.

Forgot to say that mine have pieces of fleecy blanket for snuggling :)

A towel is fine, just check he doesn't shred it and eat it.

Back