• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foundling Bunny

KB

Mama Doe
Look who's in my bathroom! This wee fellow was found straying in another part of the city. His rescuers were not bunny people but kept him warm safe & dry for two weeks while they advertised for his real owners.
No one came forward so I saw him & decided to take him on. Mainly because he was being advertised as free on Trade Me (like eBay) & I was worried he'd come to harm.
Plan is vet check, vax & desex ASAP. Then we'll see - I may try to bond him with my boy/girl pair. Though they are huge compared to him but he has a big personality so who knows. He is a little thin & had very long rear claws so we have just sorted those.
DSC01625.jpg

I think he looks like a Harvey or an Aubrey or possibly a Monroe.
DSC01624.jpg

As his original rescuers were not bunny people they had fed him on cabbage, carrot & lawn clippings for 2 weeks :shock:
He is now ripping into hay & we have poo improvement in the 22 hours he's been here - see left to right! Its still strangely orange & waxy but am keeping his diet simple & he is drinking well & is lively so all good. He has even had a binky :love: :love:

DSC01619.jpg

Last edited:
What a handsome devil; he's lucky you found him :love:

How old do you think?

Not sure on age.
Weighed him - he's 1.2kg, has descended testes but seeing as I don't have any Nethie experience as they seldom if ever come through the rescue I'm not sure.
I would hazard a guess at young adult, but maybe the vet will be able to shed some light.

WOW what a handsome dude! Sounds like he has landed on his feet!

I like Harvey for the name!

Aww! Lovely Bunny :)

Glad he is now in your hands.
What an improvement already in his poops! Well done :D
Hope he continues to do well x

Well done Bron.:love:

Hope it works out so you can keep him. He looks as though he is settling in.:D

Back