• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You've probably had enough of me by now...

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
...but I'm finding it really hard. ....I want my boy back!! It's not fair! Why Ted?! Why my baby?! :cry::cry::cry: I want to give him a nose rub, and a kiss on the soft bit between his ears, and tell him I love him.

How can he actually be gone?! :cry:

It's so hard to lose any pet, but especially one you've had a special bond with. The grief will ease in time, but you'll never forget how special he was. Is there something you can do in his memory? Plant a rose tree or something?

...but I'm finding it really hard. ....I want my boy back!! It's not fair! Why Ted?! Why my baby?! :cry::cry::cry: I want to give him a nose rub, and a kiss on the soft bit between his ears, and tell him I love him.

No way have we had enough of you!! thats what we are here for..

I just can not imagine what you are going through - You have lost one of your best friends!
So sudden - it must still be hard to comes to term with and believe... try and think of the happy times you shared..

We will always be here for you x

:cry: I still can't believe it, even though I didn't know him, and only read about him on the forum for such a short time. This poem makes me think of him, hope it doesn't just depress you more! :( take care

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Loads of hugs for you Ali.

No one is fed up with you hun. We would or have felt the same if it was our special buns.

I personally don't know how I will cope when Radish goes to the bridge. Teddy was a once in a lifetime type of bun and I really understand just how hard it must be.

He will always be there looking down on you from above. I'm sure of it.

Don't be silly lovey we aren't sick of you! Its only natural you are feeling like this:cry:

I get a bit choked up everytime I see your avatar! he will be having lots of rich tea biccies and binkying with his brother and Bluebell at the bridge! How are Ruby and Pixie?

I feel so sorry for you. It must be so hard for you.:cry::cry::cry:
I dread the day when I am in the same position as you.
No-one will have had enough of you. We're all here for you xxx
Lots of hugs and sending lots of nose rubs to Rainbow Bridge for Teddy too!

Having not experienced the pain that comes from losing a bunny, I can not imagine how bad it must be for you, particularly as it was so sudden :cry:. Teddy was one of the few RU bunnies that I actually recognised, and he was really a beautiful bunny. I think we all wish that bunnies were not as delicate as they are.

*big cuddles*

Don't invalidate yourself. You've lost a really important friend in your life and its going to hurt and its going to take a long long time and its not going to be easy. Those of us who have had a similar grief completely understand that and will support you through this.

Teddy wasn't your pet, he was your companion. You need time to grieve for him and that is perfectly normal. I got my Suki's ashes back on Tuesday, it's so very hard and you have my sympathy. She was my baby who I had for 16 years and I loved the very bones of her. There is no one who will "have had enough of you" because if you haven't experienced this then you are worried how you will cope when you do, and if you have, then you know they know how you are feeling right now. x

this is the place where people understand and won't have 'had enough' of you. of course you're going to miss him. keep safe.

Remember what a happy bunny he was and what an amazing life he had with you and put all your love for him into the animals you have left.... would that help? We're gonna be in the same boat soon except it's one of our little dachshunds - Maddy. She has lung cancer and her breathing seems to get more difficult each day.

I'll be relying on you to tell me how you made it through the loss of Teddy! :cry:

Remember what a happy bunny he was and what an amazing life he had with you and put all your love for him into the animals you have left.... would that help? We're gonna be in the same boat soon except it's one of our little dachshunds - Maddy. She has lung cancer and her breathing seems to get more difficult each day.

I'll be relying on you to tell me how you made it through the loss of Teddy! :cry:

I honestly don't know how I can. :cry:

I agree with not looking too far ahead because thats so overwhelming. Just deal with this moment. Here.

Ive not had too much of you Ali, I understand the grief, I couldnt believe it when my Tipsy and Tabby left me, but they werent so desperately young like Teddy was, so it must be even harder for you *big hug*

I wish I could say it will get better.... but I dont believe in lying...... it will not ever get better...... it might hurt a bit less.

I guess one of the only thing I can say is consider yourself lucky to have had a bun like Ted touch your life in the way he did, and be more thankful that he is watching you and Oli every day, proctecting you, and probably very sad that you feel this way. He probably wants nothing more than to smoosh you back. :(

Did you do a PM?

I understand completely. Sometimes even now I can't believe Bob isn't here anymore and it's 15 months since he went to the Bridge. We used to spend hours with my face buried in his fur, breathing in his lovely bunny smell and I was crying over him just a few days ago. It does get less painful, though I understand you won't believe that right now.

You're in the right place here, no one would ever get fed up.

Back