• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really down...

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Tried the buns in the shed, Joey started after 5 ins, went for all of them and me!!! :cry: So i put them in the medium crate out there but he was wound up and still being really nasty and going for everyone so i put them back inside in the big crate, again he went for everyone straight away. So he got a good soaking and put in the small crate next to the washing machine on a spin cycle, once they settled i put them back in the big crate and they seem to have calmed down again now.

Im very deflated... :cry:

Oh dear.... :(
Have no advice but I truley hope it all works out! Tell Joey to stop being a big girl about it! :)

:( oh no. Don't lose hope it can just take a while. I don't really have any advice to give you, but sending lots of vibes x

I ditto what Pie said! I really hope it goes well in the end, I'm sure it will :) all of your buns are gorgeous, they will make a beautiful bunny family :love:

Poor you :(

Sounds as if it's the newness that's sent him into defensive mode - maybe keeping their small space/crate inside the shed/new surroundings will make him less anxious when you do feel ready to try them being free in the shed again. :?

Sounds as if it's the newness that's sent him into defensive mode - maybe keeping their small space/crate inside the shed/new surroundings will make him less anxious when you do feel ready to try them being free in the shed again. :?

I think this is a good idea, chin up sweetie

^^ this was what I was planning to do..

Its very stressful isnt it - im also worried about putting mine in the shed and think all the territorial behaviour will start all over again :roll::cry:

Im sorry Joey has been playing up - I know exactly how you feel - Sooty is still being a little madam at times - saying that its now Oreo whos trying to show whos boss!!

Chin up - Im sure everything will be fine - it just takes time.... lots and lots of time! (patience is not my strong point).
We'll get there in the end xx

When ours were rebonding in a pen made of the mesh cubes, just increasing the space by one cube ie. 1ft, started them off scrapping. Putting a bowl of food in set them off. My daughter stroking one of them set them off.

I felt pretty mean keeping them in a tiny pen for 3 days but I think they needed to be in a very small space to really cement the bond. I hope they settle down properly soon.

I wish I could offer constructive advice Lara. But I am hopeless at bonding and panic long before anyone else would :oops:

I really hope your four will eventually settle down xx

When ours were rebonding in a pen made of the mesh cubes, just increasing the space by one cube ie. 1ft, started them off scrapping. Putting a bowl of food in set them off. My daughter stroking one of them set them off.

I felt pretty mean keeping them in a tiny pen for 3 days but I think they needed to be in a very small space to really cement the bond. I hope they settle down properly soon.

They were in the medium crate for 5 days and have been in the big crate for 4 days, no problems for the last few days at all, but last night had to put them in small crate again overnight.

How have i gone back to nearly square one in a matter of 5mins??? :?

Oh no - it was going SO well as well . .

I am prob not going to be on RU much in next few weeks as very tight book deadlines - can you keep me informed via my e-mail (twigs.way@ntlworld.com) if anything happens (ggod or bad)?

Oh no - it was going SO well as well . .

I am prob not going to be on RU much in next few weeks as very tight book deadlines - can you keep me informed via my e-mail (twigs.way@ntlworld.com) if anything happens (ggod or bad)?

They are now in the shed in the medium crate, i think perhaps they need to get used to the surroundings so have my bedroom window open, theres been a few nips today... feel like ive gone back 5 days :? we'll see... think a few days out there may settle them. Its Joey thats being a little :censored: (i hope) will let you know any news xx

Last edited:
Back