• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How it all Began................

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
.........my love of Bunnies. Here are my very first ones, from left to right,

Eleanor, Beatrice and Megan

018-23.jpg

and in this one from left to right Beatrice, Megan, Eleanor

022-12.jpg

Sorry about poor quality photos, they were taken before Digital cameras where about.

Awwww! Your first buns were Rex's! :D x

They were lovely, bless them. Do you mind me asking what year you got them Jane? :) x

Aww how sweet! :love:
Were they related? How could you tell the difference!? :shock:

They were Sisters. When I first got them I had to put a dab of different coloured food dye in each of their ears so as I could tell them apart !!
But after a few weeks it was easy to tell who was who :)

Thanks for sharing this Jane :)
Having seen this trio of Rex sisters its pretty easy to understand why 3 became 40+! :love:

awwh they are lovely :D were they a spayed trio or did they get along?

They were all spayed eventually. Once I learned the importance of doing so !!
But not before the inevitable accidental litter (of 8 :shock:) happened. One of whom was Jack :love: :love:

I did EVERYTHING wrong back then. Elie, Meg and Bea were all bought 'on a whim' from.....................Petsmart (now Pets at Home) :oops: I was sold a 4ft hutch to house ALL THREE :shock: But they actually lived in my kitchen so the hutch was just a base.

Elie, Meg and Bea were unvaccinated, fed a rubbish diet, Bea got pregnant, the awful list of my mistakes is endless :oops: but I hope I have learned from them

They were all spayed eventually. Once I learned the importance of doing so !!
But not before the inevitable accidental litter (of 8 :shock:) happened. One of whom was Jack :love: :love:

I did EVERYTHING wrong back then. Elie, Meg and Bea were all bought 'on a whim' from.....................Petsmart (now Pets at Home) :oops: I was sold a 4ft hutch to house ALL THREE :shock: But they actually lived in my kitchen so the hutch was just a base.

Elie, Meg and Bea were unvaccinated, fed a rubbish diet, Bea got pregnant, the awful list of my mistakes is endless :oops: but I hope I have learned from them

everyone learns from their mistakes Jane, and those mistakes you made you ended up loving and nurturing them and calling one Jack :love: Just think though, you wouldn't be so wise and knowledgeable on bunnies if it wasn't for those three! They were beautiful that's for sure :)

Back