• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today we made our first run :)

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
Chris my OH suddenly said last night "I'm going to make a run on Saturday". I think he wanted a bit of a challenge & also something to keep him busy after losing Inca. It will give his mum's foster bun: Honeybunnies "Owen" a better set up (the new run is for him). It's only a 6ft x 4ft x 2ft but we've tried to take the best aspects of all the different designs we've seen and incorporate them into our own custom made version! We've finished the frame but Screwfix don't have the mesh panels in that we need so we'll have to wait til Tuesday to finish it :( The frame is all done though, it's really strong and it's looking good. I'll get it painted tomorrow ready for the staple gun!

I love making stuff for the bunnies - its really satisfying and a fraction of the cost!

I've made a staircase for Oscar today:D

Well done! It's great to be able to build your own. Mum made the run for my boys, and it's got ledges and hidey holes - they love it :D

But of course ;)

I also finished repairing & tarting up a hutch & run which has been donated to raise funds for the rescue. It's only a wee thing so no good for buns and only just big enough for piggies but it'll do someone as an addition to an existing set up and if it raises £20 or so then it'll be worth doing (although how long I've spent on it I probably could have built one from scratch :shock:) My DIY skills are soooo much better than they used to be as a result of practising on old wobbly hutches - my back isn't so great though!! :lol:

Back