• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im fed up....

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
As some of you may know my bun Mimi is currently poorly with an inner ear infection which is causing a very severe head tilt and rolling episodes. Its 3 weeks since she first showed symptoms and Im feeling drained today.

Im fed up of:
*Never having a full nights sleep due to night time nursing
*Being endlessly on edge and worried about her, especially when Im at work and cant keep an eye on her
*Being unable to wash our clothes due to an endless stream of towels and bedding needing to be washed for Mimi
*Having to wash her freuently due to her sitting in her own urine
*Constantly battling urine scald and sore hocks
*Being paranoid that every fly that I see in my flat has laid eggs on her coz shes so vulnerable
*Having hay EVERYWHERE coz we dont want to use the hoover while shes poorly
*Worrying that my vet hasnt chosen the right course of treatment
*Feeling desperate for her to show some sign of regaining her balance
*Feeling so guilty and sad for her stuck in her cage but unable to let her out coz she cant stand up without rolling
*Worrying about Timmy whos been abit moody over the past couple of days, probably coz he's lonely
*Obsessing about how much shes eating and drinking and panicking at the slightest change
*Having to keep a positive smiling face on for the sake of Mimi, Timmy and my oh, especially when I know that even after all this we still might be faced with making the unthinkable decision :cry:

Sorry for the rant, just really needed to get it off my chest before I go nuts. Obviously Mimi is worth it all and I will keep on fighting for her for as long as it takes. Just feeling blue today :(

awwwwww hunny *huuuuggggsssss*

i can identify with some on your list and i know its so much harder when your not sleeping, i really hope your angel starts to show progress soon and you can stop worrying. i would think its harder fighting an illness not knowing what will happen. with Pearl i knew she was dying and it made me determined to fight with her till her last breath but the chance of recovery and no idea when or if it will happen must be totally draining.

loads of virtual hugs to you xxxxxx

I'm so sorry. :( Blue day here too, if it helps any! :oops: It is hard for you and you're entitled to be like it, it's exhausting and so very worrying when your little furries are poorly and you are unaware of the prognosis.

I really hope you get some good positive results soon.

I know EXACTLY how you are feeling, it sucks right now.

But, just remember how good you do / will feel.....
* when you see a wee glimmer of mimi getting better
* when she has a period when she doesnt roll
* when you check her underneath and she is dry and not looking sore
* when she starts to walk about again
* when she does those bunny things that just make you go 'awww, my baby'

These things, and more, will all happen and you realise that it has all been worth it.

Also, my Kermit and me had the most special bond after he got better, its like he knew that i helped him get better......Mimi knows that you are helping her, and i am sure she appreciates it :)

I know EXACTLY how you are feeling, it sucks right now.

But, just remember how good you do / will feel.....
* when you see a wee glimmer of mimi getting better
* when she has a period when she doesnt roll
* when you check her underneath and she is dry and not looking sore
* when she starts to walk about again
* when she does those bunny things that just make you go 'awww, my baby'

These things, and more, will all happen and you realise that it has all been worth it.

Also, my Kermit and me had the most special bond after he got better, its like he knew that i helped him get better......Mimi knows that you are helping her, and i am sure she appreciates it :)

Awww thankyou Kermit :love:
Just seems like those things seem so far fetched at the moment! I just cant imagine her not rolling and starting to walk again :( You're right though, if she does it will feel AMAZING! I'd be the happiest bunny mum alive! xxxxxxx

Back