• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stasis Bunny Poll

Stasis bunnies Poll. What month(s) have your bunny(s) had a stasis episode?

• January

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • February

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • March

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • April

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • May

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • June

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • July

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • August

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • September

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • October

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • November

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • December

Votes: 17 20.0%

• Total voters

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
hope ive done it right :oops::lol::lol:

Alvin has had stasis in february, march, may, july, september and december :shock:

Last edited:
This could be REALLY interesting. Good idea Donna! I don't have anything to add because so far I've been lucky and have never had a stasis bunny :shock: *touches lots of wood*

just seems to be so much about right now, id like to know what months bunnies seem more prone in. if peeps have a second to vote for me :D:D

Glad you did this Doona. Chloe had a few episodes this sort of time last year and was then fine for ages. I am keeping a close eye on her at the mo. We are away from this afternoon until tomorrow night and the pet sitter has strict instructions to make sure she sees here eat :roll:

just seems to be so much about right now, id like to know what months bunnies seem more prone in. if peeps have a second to vote for me :D:D

I'd like to but I don't know what I've done to my computer - just seing the graph, not seeing the boxes to tick!!!

If you want to do it for me - Lola had it once in April and if you're interested - I had a child in class in tears last week as her rabbit died of a 'sore tummy' that was in May. Flippin parents wont take their childrens animals to the vet for them!!

I'd like to but I don't know what I've done to my computer - just seing the graph, not seeing the boxes to tick!!!

If you want to do it for me - Lola had it once in April and if you're interested - I had a child in class in tears last week as her rabbit died of a 'sore tummy' that was in May. Flippin parents wont take their childrens animals to the vet for them!!

ive already voted so i cant vote again :(

I've no idea which months my bunnies have had stasis, but they've all 5 of them had at least one episode, and it's usually down to grooming moulting partners, or eating veg too fast in competition with partners, or sometimes when something's spooked them, like a very windy day - stress brings it on too. When the girls got to Benny that day, he got stasis so bad next day I thought he was done for, but thankfully he recovered :love:

I dont know if Star had true stasis....touch wood it didnt develop very far for which I am truly thankful.

Does it count for your poll when she stopped eating and had to go to the vets in the middle of the night for pain relief and gut stimulant, or do you mean when it has properly been diagnosed as stasis/lasted a bit longer than it did for Star?

Hers happened in April.
I'd like to see the results - is there a way of seeing it without voting?

I lost my Tilly in January due to stasis and a resulting impaction :cry: We *think* anyway, no way to be sure.
This will be really interesting. I bet april may time has alot due to the awesome moult :roll:

Well this is a first for me.. never had a statis problem with any bunny in four and a half years and then Twinkle gets problems this week and whilst she was in the vets Sparkle was getting a bit worrysome... think I have sorted him out in time with lots of spring greens and fresh stuff (notice his poops are all strung together with fur so know moulting plays a big part).

Will be very interesting to see the results.. Good idea!!

:shock::shock:
Probably all of them :roll: I shall have a look at my diary to check. *This could take a while* Gulp.

Alvin has had stasis in february, march, may, july, september and december :shock:

I've ticked all but January, June and November (I probably could if I dig deep enough :roll:) ... Interestingly they are 3 of the 6 months Alvin didn't tick as well :?

I ticked January (1st - happy new year:roll:) and August and only used Twinkle as an example as hers were the most memorable, she always picks Bank Holidays, I hope she hasn't realised it's one this weekend:oops:

Basil's had a couple of mild episodes when he's not eaten and this has always coincided with him being stressed, such as trying to introduce him to the outside which turned out to be a mistake, he's definately an indoor bun:roll:

Need a none option :oops: Which is pretty incredible considering what I used to feed Mini and Mischa :oops:

Iv been really lucky with Trev hes never been ill in the year and a half iv had him which im glad about.
But Daisy had a mild case in april she was ok in a few days tho :D i suppose as a first time owner iv been quiet lucky :)

I ticked April, but it was very late on in April last year (when we had an early spring) so if it's something affected by seasons then, given the late Spring start in 2010 it may well have been May this year.

Uh, if that made any sense :lol::lol::lol:

I know you're onto something here donnamt.
I watched the forum for maybe 2years before I joined, waiting for an answer for Thumps so I could contribute something. I noticed seasonal variation too.

I could put your figures out on the poll, because of his illness.
For us winter is the worst Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March, (wild plants which help gut motility are unavailable) It's so bad, I panic every winter "how can I get him through it this year?"
Summer heat is next: July, August, Sept.

Please help Donnamt everybun. She needs all the info she can get.

Back