• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do with Stasis prone bunny when I go on holiday?

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
Waffle has been having a lot of stasis attacked lately and Chris' mum was going to come in twice and day to look after the bunnies but in light of those attacks I am worried about leaving Waffle with his mum as she doesn't really know anything about bunnies. I'm ok for his mum to look after Radish as Radish has a cast iron tummy and she has looked after Radish before.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should do with Waffle when I go on holiday?

Are there any RUs nearby that can help?

Or bunny boarding? (provided they know and understand stasis)

Or give your vet a call and see if they know of anywhere?

Are there any RUs nearby that can help?

Or bunny boarding? (provided they know and understand stasis)

Or give your vet a call and see if they know of anywhere?

I'm not sure if there are any RUer's nearby who might be able to look after her.

We are away from 21st June until the 25th June.

There are a few bunny boarding places near here so I will give them a ring this weekend.

Last edited:
I'm sure you know this and I feel stupid for even saying it but I'm gonna say it anyway........ if you go for boarding then board them both together!!! :)

Sorry - that's so obvious.

a papaya tablet every morning (holland & barrett £4 for 100) plus giving water warm twice daily - use a splash of boiling from the kettle - into the water dish (don't use a bottle) will help with stasis prone bunnies. If your other bunny is moulting she will be licking all his fur off and swallowing it, which is what usually causes the problem, although one of mine gets stasis just because she gobbles her veg too fast trying to stop the others getting any! To minimise that problem I now shred the greens and chop the carrot into slices, so they have to take their time over it :)

I'm sure you know this and I feel stupid for even saying it but I'm gonna say it anyway........ if you go for boarding then board them both together!!! :)

Sorry - that's so obvious.

They aren't bonded bunnies unfortunately. They were bonded for 2 weeks and had an almighty rolling around fight. I tried rebonding about 2 weeks ago and within the first 5 minutes Radish got bored of being humped by Waffle and attacked her and we had another rolling about on the floor fight so they are seperate bunnies at moment Radish in the living room and Waffle in her own room upstairs.

They aren't bonded bunnies unfortunately. They were bonded for 2 weeks and had an almighty rolling around fight. I tried rebonding about 2 weeks ago and within the first 5 minutes Radish got bored of being humped by Waffle and attacked her and we had another rolling about on the floor fight so they are seperate bunnies at moment Radish in the living room and Waffle in her own room upstairs.

Ah! No worries then!! I would def want her checked more than twice a day if she's going through a bad spat. I pay someone £5 per visit and they come to the house for half an hour - I get her twice a day but obviously if I paid her she would come as often as I liked!

Could you find anyone good like that? Oh! Just thought if someone is already coming twice per day then you would only have to pay someone else to come once.

Back