PDA

View Full Version : Now you know your rabbits, would you change their names?

bensonlola
28-05-2010, 07:57 PM
I would call mine Mischief and Magic! Benson - Magic because he can be in one place in the garden one second and the next, as if by magic, you're tripping over him because he has teleported himself to under your feet! Lola would be Mischief because of the way she steals Bensons veg and herbs right out of his mouth!! Or the way she snatches her cabbage off you and runs away with it to eat in a quiet corner.

http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af83/BenandLol/DSC00345.jpg

I love em I love em I love em!!!! :love: :love:

Nicola1
28-05-2010, 07:59 PM
::love::love::love: I just love their faces they are just like my little Castiel.

I sometimes consider changing Daphne's name, it doesn't quite suit her. But the others I am just used to so I can't imagine calling them anything else, although I would maybe rename Harvey Trouble! :lol:

donnamt
28-05-2010, 08:00 PM
i think Alvin was born for his name :D

Blackberry & Co
28-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't change my boys names, but they have a pile of nicknames!!!:lol:

I'd even keep Clover with his girly name, cos its suits the little fluffy bum:D

fluffiebunnie
28-05-2010, 08:08 PM
I wouldnt change my bunnies names as they all suit them..

Pickle .. cos he is a little pickle :love:
Pootle .. pretty fluffy girly name :love:
Twinkle .. she is my little star :love:
Sparkle.. he is the Sparkle in Twinkle's eye :love:

bensonlola
28-05-2010, 08:13 PM
I wouldnt change my bunnies names as they all suit them..

Pickle .. cos he is a little pickle :love:
Pootle .. pretty fluffy girly name :love:
Twinkle .. she is my little star :love:
Sparkle.. he is the Sparkle in Twinkle's eye :love:

Awe!! I think I'm gonna cry! :)

Elena
28-05-2010, 08:17 PM
I would spell Mischa Mishka cos everyone says it wrong and thinks he's a girl. :?

Mini, I dunno. Mischa is kinda the German equivalent of Mickey (except it's pronounced Mis-sha like how everyone says Mischa wrong, confused yet?) so having a Mini means I have a Mickey and Minnie. :lol:

Nutmeg, no I wouldn't change hers. It suits.

Smudge, maybe. I thought after I'd got him I might call him Harlequin cos he almost has a black and white diamond pattern down his back but then I would shorten that to Harley and my friends' have a cat called Harley. :?

So in short, probably not.

Rexbun
28-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Cassie and Oakley would definitely be Laurel and Hardy as they both act like them getting into mischief and making me smile even when they are naughty :D

Leeds Wolfette
28-05-2010, 10:00 PM
i wouldnt change my rabbits name, we waited a day until we named him, we were going to name him wolfie but once we got him home he didnt feel like a wolfie so we called him mylo. He looks like a mylo too :D

Nicola1
28-05-2010, 10:01 PM
People with rescues, did you change their names?

I changed Castiel's name, he was called Pepsi, and my male piggies were called Sooty and Sweep, but now are called Trusty and Spike :D

kaths101
28-05-2010, 10:03 PM
The only one i would prob change is Sooty as when we got her we thought she was a boy - Sooty isnt very feminine and shes quite a pretty little thing.
But Sooty is always going to be sooty as its stuck now! :lol:

Rachel89
28-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Nope, I don't have any imagination.
Hence why my Blue dutch it called Blue :lol:

Well maybe I'd call Blue Chubby :lol:

donnamt
28-05-2010, 10:04 PM

I changed Castiel's name, he was called Pepsi, and my male piggies were called Sooty and Sweep, but now are called Trusty and Spike :D

i kept the names of the two girlies i got from hopper haven

Nicola1
28-05-2010, 10:05 PM
The rescues on here always manage to come up with great names :)

kaths101
28-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Ive also kept the names Charlie and Mittens came with when I adopted them.

Rachel89
28-05-2010, 10:08 PM
The only eason my others weren't called, Yellow, Steel or Pale grey is because everyone else suggested names for them as they know what I'm like :oops:

Blackberry & Co
28-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Ive also kept the names Charlie and Mittens came with when I adopted them.

Mittens is such a cute name!!! (Really suits such a cute bunny :love:)

Nicola1
28-05-2010, 10:13 PM
The only eason my others weren't called, Yellow, Steel or Pale grey is because everyone else suggested names for them as they know what I'm like :oops:

:lol::lol: I used to have a beautiful Dutch rabbit called Shadow. Guess what colour he was ;). Poor baby I won't tell you what happened to him it'll give you nightmares :cry:

kaths101
28-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Mittens is such a cute name!!! (Really suits such a cute bunny :love:)

Yes it does suit her :love:
Shes got a bit of a crazy hair do tonight :lol::lol:

Hoppit!
28-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Nope, Ginger suits Ginger and Pickles suits Pickles - perfectly! :love:

Bun-Mum-Tammy
28-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Barnaby was always going to be Barnaby - we knew his name when we met him at 2 weeks old - really have to dig out those photos coz there's a gorgeous one of him sat in the palm of Lee's hand :love:

Bo is short for Bojangles - we met her at 2 weeks as well but didn't have a name for her .... we waited and when we got her home she did these cute little hops so we thought of the song 'Mr Bojangles' - the line where he jumps and lands so soft (or something) - except she's a big clodhopper now :lol:, it's more hop , kabumphhhhhhhh

Blakey was already named when we rescued her and I wish we had changed it to something delicate like Belle or Bess as she's such a tiny litle beautiful girl - but we didn't and she answers to Blakey now ... she's 4 so too late now

We DID change Mr Bingley Sir's name when we got him with Blakey. He was originally called Bart but my last name is Simpson and there is no way I was going to have the vet call out 'Bart Simpson' please :lol: So, with him being very distinguished and handsome we called him Mr Bingley Sir

Hugo's There
28-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Now I have got to know Rocky, i wont tell you what I call him :roll: :lol: :lol:

bensonlola
28-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Now I have got to know Rocky, i wont tell you what I call him :roll: :lol: :lol:

Yeeeeesssss. Mine have a couple of names like that when I'm trying to butt check and they do their bars of soap impressions!! :wave:

Elena
28-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Oh one thing about Nutmeg, whose a kinda rescue. Her previous family called her Arwen but I couldn't get my head round that, sounds too much of a boys name so we renamed her.

georgie_f
28-05-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm terrible at thinking of names. :oops: (Brian?! Seriously?! What was I on that day? :lol: And Pharrell is called Pharrell because he's black... Very PC! :oops::lol:) but I wouldn't change any of mine. I'm a bit funny about these sorts of things - I think once they have a name, that is their name and that's that! My rescues have kept their old names. :)

The Duchess
28-05-2010, 10:56 PM
I have changed bunnies names. Some of our own and some of the buns who come in for rehoming. I have had three Flopsy's come in and sorry but that name had to go.

One of them is now my Mr Arnold Monkfish, which suits him better. The latest one was Flopsy who is now Florentyna or Flo so not too far removed.

We had a Biscuit who got renamed Mr Custard.

He named a bun Lucas as he didn't have a name when we adopted him but quite soon after we had him he began being called Lucas the Cookie Man and is now just plain Cookie.

I did try and rename Bunbellina to Hannah but she became Hannah Bannah Bunbellina Babyshoes (as she was small) but now she's just plain Bumbles. Or Bumblymena.

We have a black and white uppy eared who was called Toffee by her previous owner (maybe humbug might have been a better colour match) but she was such a wee cutie that I called her Poppet (as in small) but then realised that Payne's Poppets were Toffees. How clever was I?

I think sometimes they have the right name and sometimes you just gotta give them something a whole lot more suitable. :D

bensonlola
28-05-2010, 11:01 PM
I have changed bunnies names. Some of our own and some of the buns who come in for rehoming. I have had three Flopsy's come in and sorry but that name had to go.

One of them is now my Mr Arnold Monkfish, which suits him better. The latest one was Flopsy who is now Florentyna or Flo so not too far removed.

We had a Biscuit who got renamed Mr Custard.

He named a bun Lucas as he didn't have a name when we adopted him but quite soon after we had him he began being called Lucas the Cookie Man and is now just plain Cookie.

I did try and rename Bunbellina to Hannah but she became Hannah Bannah Bunbellina Babyshoes (as she was small) but now she's just plain Bumbles. Or Bumblymena.

We have a black and white uppy eared who was called Toffee by her previous owner (maybe humbug might have been a better colour match) but she was such a wee cutie that I called her Poppet (as in small) but then realised that Payne's Poppets were Toffees. How clever was I?

I think sometimes they have the right name and sometimes you just gotta give them something a whole lot more suitable. :D

I am in the presence of naming greatness!!! (Although, I'm sorry I can't imagine how ANY rabbit would suit the name Mr Arnold MONKFISH!!) Need a picture!

Blackberry & Co
28-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Where I worked we had a baby piggie, she was born on a Friday, so they wanted to call her Friday :shock: I called her Harriet, and made a sign with 'Harriet' on for her cage, so it stuck :lol:

bensonlola
28-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Where I worked we had a baby piggie, she was born on a Friday, so they wanted to call her Friday :shock: I called her Harriet, and made a sign with 'Harriet' on for her cage, so it stuck :lol:

Much nicer!

The Duchess
28-05-2010, 11:29 PM
I am in the presence of naming greatness!!! (Although, I'm sorry I can't imagine how ANY rabbit would suit the name Mr Arnold MONKFISH!!) Need a picture!

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/helenmhalliday/IMG_1160.jpg

Handsome dude hey?

Reason for his name. When we got him the previous owner was feeding him on toast and lettuce ( and treats I suspect). He was very fat and when he submitted his head, the skin on the sides of his face rose up around his eyes and he looked like a flat fish ..............simples!

bensonlola
28-05-2010, 11:55 PM
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii277/helenmhalliday/IMG_1160.jpg

Handsome dude hey?

Reason for his name. When we got him the previous owner was feeding him on toast and lettuce ( and treats I suspect). He was very fat and when he submitted his head, the skin on the sides of his face rose up around his eyes and he looked like a flat fish ..............simples!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now it all becomes clear!!! He is gorgeous!

Lettuce and toast eh? What.... why... what kind of people..... how do people...... Oh I don't know!!!! Some people need a good hiding!!

helgalush
28-05-2010, 11:56 PM
Arnold Monkfish is beautiful!! :love::love:

We kept all our rescue buns names just as they were. It was part of their character and charm and appeal. But mostly I just think they really suit their names :love:

I have lots of names in store and they have LOADS of random nicknames, normally whatever comes in to my head at that moment and then certain ones stick. We are a bit bonkers when we talk to them!!!

Biscuit's Mum!
29-05-2010, 12:15 AM
That's what nicknames are for :)

Biscuit has lots - Fat Pud, Imp, Trouble, Beauty etc.
Badger - Wee Man, Little One etc.

:love::love:

jazzywoo
29-05-2010, 12:55 AM
i dont name our rabbits the kids do lol but i would never change their names
the kids usually go by fave tv programes

jazzys rabbits are called
sportacus
pixel
twinkle
piglet
dalek cann
robbie rotton
laura
dora
rieanna
apple
lofty
nellie
chowder
charlie
felicity
oreo
oscar
ben
jasmine

james rabbits are called
ianto jones
tardis
jane
leela
davros
mini adidas
millie
zac
scarlet
puddle
hazel
rocky

mine are
thorne
buffy
belle
beth
luciano beccio
think thats all of them :roll:

steph182
29-05-2010, 01:29 AM
I think Charlie suits his name.
His full name is Charlie-Leo Grohl (I like their proper names to be a little bit uniquie!). Weirdly, I didn't pick any parts of his name despite him being MY bunny :lol:
Boyfriend picked Charlie, mam picked Leo Grohl. All I added was the - between his first names :lol:

fluffiebunnie
29-05-2010, 07:18 AM

Yes my Pootle was originally called Jilly and my Sparkle was originally called Foxy.

They are just not names that I would of picked so I did change them (Hope the rescue were not annoyed :oops: )

~ Cat ~
29-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Lola is definately a Lola - if it was not Lola it would be Tallulah and Lucy is just a Lucy - no way could I change their name.

Lola was originally Oreo and I didnt like that - and Lucy was a Jasper cos the Gumtree person said she was a he!