• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Time to do the bunnies gardening....

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
....Buttercup and Blackberry have dug all of the dirt out of their digging corner (I sweep it back in every day :roll:) but there's less and less dirt in there, so I'm going to have to raid the greenhouse for some compost. I've also got to trim there lawn. They will eat the grass from one corner, but the rest is now long enough for them to hide in. I thought bunnies were meant to keep grass short?
:?

So I'm just off out to tidy their garden for them....

My bunnies are useless at doing anything but killing the lawn! The Orange One, my guinea, is an amazing little mower though! :lol:

Tried the guineas last week, but they're agoraphobic and just froze, until I put their hidey hole in. Then they hid in the hidey hole and wouldn't come out again :roll:

:lol:

Mine is an indoor boy, but he goes out all day when the weather is good. Takes a bit of time for them to get used to all the scary stuff that is out there! :lol:

Oh you have some ornery little rascals there!! This must be a grumpy gang day!! Maybe they thought "If we dont have it, no one will!!!!" :evil:

I topped up the digging soil with some fresh compost, and before I'd even emptied it out of the pot Buttercup was in there digging it out and kicking it over the grass again......

I topped up the digging soil with some fresh compost, and before I'd even emptied it out of the pot Buttercup was in there digging it out and kicking it over the grass again......

Wee toerags!!! When I sweep up the poop in the bunny shed, Benson leaps in after me and sits on the dustpan!! :lol:

Wee toerags!!! When I sweep up the poop in the bunny shed, Benson leaps in after me and sits on the dustpan!! :lol:

Yep, Blackberry's fond of doing that. He's also very fond of waiting until I've cleaned out the poop corner, and then going and peeing in it before I've had chance to put the Carefresh in :roll:

I put a box of soil in mine's runs. They ignore it. They jump in, jump out again and shake their paws as if to say "Mummeeeeeeeee that's dirtyyyyyyyy!" :roll:

Oh mine do that as well. They try to 'help' which normally involves tipping over a dustpan with stuff in. :roll: And Nutmeg just tries to attack everything. :roll:

I put a box of soil in mine's runs. They ignore it. They jump in, jump out again and shake their paws as if to say "Mummeeeeeeeee that's dirtyyyyyyyy!" :roll:

That's a great idea. I have a plastic storage box that would fit nicely in the run. Think I''ll fill it with some soil and give them a treat for their run. Lola loves nothing better than to be covered in soil, but then she's a little black rabbit!

That's a great idea. I have a plastic storage box that would fit nicely in the run. Think I''ll fill it with some soil and give them a treat for their run. Lola loves nothing better than to be covered in soil, but then she's a little black rabbit!

Buttercup & Blackberry have a digging box in the hutch for when I've closed the door to the garden (it's not secure enough to let them out there all night). They love digging in it.

Dan & Clo have their digging box, and they have their litter tray. They used to use the litter tray, now they ignore it and use the digging box as their toilet instead :roll:

Oh that's what I was expecting to find! They are never in there long enough to do poos. :roll: In fact today I didn't bother taking the lid off and they spent more time ON it than they ever did IN it. :roll: And we had poos on the lid. :roll::lol:

Back