• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two Buns in for ops today - UD Home - but still woozy

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Comfrey is having his teeth trimmed - they are awful as they grow sideways now. Poor soul was still eating and everything but I could tell he wasn''t right - and when the vet looked in his mouth his tongue was bleeding:cry::cry:

Viola Rose is having her deformed eye/nasal ducts flushed (they got deformed when she had myxi) to try and get her FFFFfffffffff under control. Can't do it without sedation as they are abnormal now.

I hate it when they have ops . . . they said to ring at 3-4. Guess when I'll be ringing!!

Last edited:
Millions of vibes from me, i can give them out now as my Herbie got through his op ok.

Hope your two do well xx

2.30pm??

Sending lots of vibes for them both xx

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

well I would . . . but as OH is always in charge of taking them in and phoning up (I can't stand the stress) I will start nagging him to ring at 3 . . and he will finally do it at about 4!
Not that he doesn't care as much as I do - he does - he is just very very confident in our vets and doesn't seem to have the worry/stress nerves that i have!

Any news yet ?

Hope they will both be home soon xx

Oooh - so busy supposedly writing a book (got to get to end of this chapter by end today) . . and of course peeking at RU . . that i had not noticed time!!!

Suspect OH will give it till 4pm:roll::roll:

Or he may have gone off somewhere discrete with mobile to ring as he knows I get so tense I could burst once I know he is on the phone - it only takes them to say 'nurses/vets busy now please ring back' - and I imagine disasters :shock:

OH rang at 3.15 and they hadn't even started yet:shock:

They said it had been a busy day - why of why do they insist we take them in at 8.30 am if they don't operate until after 3.30????

Just means the bun has had 7 hours of stress before it even gets to the op. table:evil:

OH rang at 3.15 and they hadn't even started yet:shock:

They said it had been a busy day - why of why do they insist we take them in at 8.30 am if they don't operate until after 3.30????

Just means the bun has had 7 hours of stress before it even gets to the op. table:evil:

So annoying, isn't it? I know patient care is very important and my vet has that down fine, but sometimes I feel client care is a little lacking! We sit at home/work fretting like crazy, checking for the ringtone now and then to make sure the phone is still working then worrying that they tried calling when we checked! :roll:

Hope you hear good news soon.

They are home - Comfrey still very out of it - but the vets is only open another hour or so - so it was bring him home now or leave in for the night.

VR (who was just sedated not GA) is hopping around pooing etc.

See other thread on VHD for other news.

Back