• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lino - How expensive!!

I went to the only carpet shop left in our town this morning to get a piece of Lino 6'x 4' for the bottom of a run. They wanted £26 for it :shock: I got a piece last year from another shop and it was only £9.98! Maybe thats why that shop closed down ;)

Where do you get yours from and how much do you pay roughly?

Hi there - I don't pay anything!

I give a few carpet shops near to me a call when I need some and in my sweetest little girl voice :lol: say something like "Oh hello, I wondered if you had any lino that you were throwing out that I could have to line my rabbit hutch with?" I picked up 5 rolls last week from two different places (I had 3 hutches to do up) :shock::) 4 out of 5 of the places I phoned were happy to help.

I went to a carpet shop & said "can I have some freebies". They gave me lino & carpet offcuts:oops::oops::oops:

Plus I work for a car dealership so I nicked some nice Mercedes mats. My buns like class:oops::lol:

Hi there - I don't pay anything!

I give a few carpet shops near to me a call when I need some and in my sweetest little girl voice :lol: say something like "Oh hello, I wondered if you had any lino that you were throwing out that I could have to line my rabbit hutch with?" I picked up 5 rolls last week from two different places (I had 3 hutches to do up) :shock::) 4 out of 5 of the places I phoned were happy to help.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

We paid £10 for some bathroom style lino they was enough to do the lionheads enclosure which is 5 by 2.5 foot and to do both lops shelves which are about 4 by 2.5. So about 13 foot long piece.

I can usually go to the local Carpet Barn to pick up an off-cut for a couple of quid - it's plenty big enough for the hutches :)

I needed to get lino for my 8x6 shed and nowhere really has offcuts that big so it was all really expensive.
in the end I got tiles from poundland and the lot cost me £12. I've used them in my hutch with no problems but I have heard someone say theirs came up.

If you have bunnies that dig or chew tiles are not a good route to go as they will break them up. In the damp weather they start to lift.

I bought a 2 x 3 metre roll from ebay for just over £1.50 plus postage of £12. You just need to keep your eyes open and wait for the bargains. It is often not the in vogue colours you end up with but ......

try freecycle - people often have bits left over in the shed/loft etc. and now is the time of year they are having clear outs!

About £30 for a "Roll end" 2m x 2m (about 6ft x 6ft). It's a disgusting green colour but it is textured so is good for the buns as they don't slip about.

I need to get lino for the hutch :roll:

I just go into a carpet shop and ask if they have any lino offcuts, then i say its for a rabbit hutch :lol:

havent had any luck yet though!

It's always worth calling first, gives them time to have a sort out & get something ready for you :)

They are taking the pee - I went to my place and asked them what scraps I could have for cheap, and they gave me a roll about 5m by 2m for £2. (apparently it was an unpopular colour and they couldnt sell it or something) hope you find a bargain!

Have you tried market stalls? I noticed one with some good lino' that was really cheap today....

or scout round various carpet shops as they often have offcuts they are selling off cheap. :)

I got offcuts from Carpetright and got a 10x 9 for £18 and a 15 x 6'6" for £25 which did the two 7x5 sheds.

I had to shop around for a few weeks though as some of the offcuts were really expensive - just happened to drop onto a few bargains!

Back