• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone in manchester or near got any dust free hay please!!!!!!!!

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
my dust free hay delivery was due yesterday and didn't arrive!

now, manchester depot are saying it isn't there, and derby said it has left there! we don't know where it is!

and they told norman at dustfreehay, it would be here today, and there is no sign of it!

i have got no hay left at all...

bisc and matt have respiratory issues and we really need this particular hay :(

does anyone have any we could buy off them to last until tuesday, because if we can't find where the parcel has gone today then delivery won't be util tuesday because of monday bank holiday :(

we probably need about 4 sacks, preferably 2 soft and 2 stalky, but any will do.

is there anyone that can help?? we can come and collect it aslong as it isn't miles and miles away...

thank you.

it's in birmingham!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

it's been put on the wrong van and ended up in birmingham! it goes from derby to manchester normally! :evil:

and they don't care and said you will get it tuesday! :evil:

told them it's urgent and for the pets and they don't care :cry::cry::cry:

I have one and three quarters of a box of the Western Timothy dust free hay from the same company that I don't use at all - buns didn't really like it. It's just sat in my cupboard. It's a couple of months old now (got it in about Feb/March I think?) Do you want it? I could post it up to you normal parcel post I think? PM me if you do and send me your address. :wave:

I could do guaranteed next day delivery today so you should get it Saturday if that helps but I think it might cost a bit for the weight??

ETA you don't need to pay me for the hay, just some help towards the next day delivery if you want it would be cool as finances a bit tight this month.

Last edited:
We've got the pet shop version of the Dust Free Hay that Norman does but you'd have to get to Sheffield or Barnsley for it. We've also got a box of the Dust Free American Timothy or some 425gm or 1.1kilo bags of Oxbow i could send Special Delivery for tommorows delivery.

thanks for the offers...

we need alot so have ordered some from a horse supply shop near by. they have been really nice and are getting it to us asap, so at least we have some.

i have had to pay £7.00 delivery though aswell as they hay cost.

i can't really afford to pay special delivery for people to send bits. :(

but this will have to do, and if anyone near to us has any, we may beable to get a lift to collect it and pay for that...

just haven't got loads of money because i bought the dustfreehay, and now this bale aswell... but if i couldn't pay people all of it now, i could pay probably this weekend, monday at the latest.

the dustfreehay hay would be better though for them, so if anyone has any close by we would be really really grateful.

:)

Rather than the special delivery then - do you still want the hay? It won't arrive til next week standard delivery but am still happy to send it normal post and can afford that myself if you need it, just PM me. :wave:

Rather than the special delivery then - do you still want the hay? It won't arrive til next week standard delivery but am still happy to send it normal post and can afford that myself if you need it, just PM me. :wave:

that's really nice of you, but if your finances are tight, don't worry about it. their normal hay will get here tuesday anyway so will be ok until then.

although, i am sure they will not like the farm hay or something! :roll: and i really hope it isn't dusty and sets them off sneezing. :?

oh the stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

that's really nice of you, but if your finances are tight, don't worry about it. their normal hay will get here tuesday anyway so will be ok until then.

although, i am sure they will not like the farm hay or something! :roll: and i really hope it isn't dusty and sets them off sneezing. :?

oh the stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

It's only because of the wedding and the fact I've racked up my credit card with different dresses to try on! :roll::lol: Once I send them all back and get my money back it's cool. :D If you want to send me your address by PM anyway you are very welcome to these boxes as I seriously don't need them and have been waiting for someone to give them to! ;) If you don't want them tho no probs... i'll take them to Sue at SRR down the road - she gets all my rejected hay - my two are SO fussy! :roll:

I really hope you can get some hay this weekend and that your normal delivery turns up on Tues. If the hay that arrives is a bit dusty just do what Judy does and spray it with water before feeding to dampen the dust down.

my farm hay is coming in the next hour, and norman at dustfreehay has gone out of his way to sort out the problem for us, and they are now collecting a fresh lot from him and delivering to us tomorrow morning, when they don't normally do saturday deliveries... which is great. :D norman is so nice and helpful.

at least now we get to try out the farm hay for them aswell, hopefully they will like it and it won't be too dusty. would be cheaper aswell to mix the two lots.

thanks everyone. xxx

my farm hay arrived and it's really nice! and a massive amount! :shock:

spent ages putting it all into smaller bags and luckily, they are all eating it, buns and piggies, and they haven't sneezed or anything. :)

it's really nice quality, although i have a few splinters in my hand now which i hope doesn't happen with them. don't want splinters stuck in them... but then again, it happens with all hay, bits get stuck in your hands...

so i'm pleased overall and it should get our costs down. will probably mix it with the dust free hay, but this cheaper hay will be great for the litter trays aswell as for eating. :)

Back