• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

All these health problems and the weather?

natandfluffs

Alpha Buck
I've not been on for a while, apart from lurking very briefly last week. I came on because I've had to take a last minute half day off work to get Pippin to the vets (she's ever so listless and I'm really worried about her), and yesterday Bubbles refused food too (though he spontaneously recovered).

And I was shocked to see how many other threads there are where people have lost buns, or they have buns that are unwell.

Do you think its the weather?

And if it is.... any magical ideas about how we can better protect our babies?

Hmmmmm i dont know. I rarely seem to get bunny bother with my buns in winter and as soon as the weather warms my lot do seem to start with funny tums :?

Last year mid to late June a lot of bunnies with respiratory problems died, which was, I believe, due to the weather, but right now, those bunnies who have been ill have been ill with a variety of different things I believe, although there could easily be the common factor of the extreme hot weather that arrived quite suddenly, causing problems.

I don't think the weather is helping things

One minute its minus 1 at night, then it is 25 degress during the day and 18 degrees at night, then its suddenly 18 degrees during the day and only 4 degrees at night. It can't be good for bunnies especially if there are underlying health problems.

Unfortunately there isn't a lot we can do about our changeable weather :(

I don't think the weather is helping things

One minute its minus 1 at night, then it is 25 degress during the day and 18 degrees at night, then its suddenly 18 degrees during the day and only 4 degrees at night. It can't be good for bunnies especially if there are underlying health problems.

Unfortunately there isn't a lot we can do about our changeable weather :(

Yeah I think buns can cope quite well with hot or cold weather it is the constant changing that is the problem :(

I think the change in air pressure can cause problems. Snoopy and Penny are both a bit sensitive to weather changes.

I don't know what you can do about it, apart from keeping an eye on the bunnies and acting quickly when you notice they are not eating.

I think the change in air pressure can cause problems. Snoopy and Penny are both a bit sensitive to weather changes.

I don't know what you can do about it, apart from keeping an eye on the bunnies and acting quickly when you notice they are not eating.

How are they? Some pics would be nice ;) Especially of Penny :love::love:

I've not been on for a while, apart from lurking very briefly last week. I came on because I've had to take a last minute half day off work to get Pippin to the vets (she's ever so listless and I'm really worried about her), and yesterday Bubbles refused food too (though he spontaneously recovered).

And I was shocked to see how many other threads there are where people have lost buns, or they have buns that are unwell.

Do you think its the weather?

And if it is.... any magical ideas about how we can better protect our babies?

I was just wondering if the weather had something to do with it too. It must be a shock to their little systems all this sudden change in temperature.

Can't think what to do about it though, other than take them to the vet as soon as needed.

Hope Pippin and Bubbles are ok now.
________
Babypanda13 cam

Last edited:
My Bluebell is suffering terribly with all these weather changes, one day he's right as rain, the next he has me terribly worried about him. I think it takes it out of respitory buns especially.

Back