• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby's gone quiet

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
I think it's really hit her now, that she's alone. :(

She wants attention, but wants to be left alone at the same time. She's taking her anger out on my possessions...something she'd never do normally. I just want my little girl to be happy.

I know how hard I'm finding this, and the grief is unbearable....I can't imagine what's going through Ruby's mind at the moment.

Also, if it isn't too much, could I ask for some vibes for Bosley, Teddy's big brother, who has been ill for about a month now. He's slowly giving up his fight. His mummy and daddy don't know whether he'll make it through today. :(:(
(I just hope Teddy hasn't set a trend :()

Sending lots of vibes to Bosley. xxx

Poor Ruby, she must be feeling a little confused and lonely :cry: Can you even contemplate a new friend for her (sorry if this has been talked about already)? When Patch went to the bridge Bobby was really depressed so we did make the decision to get Bobby a new friend the following week which was really hard as felt like I was betraying Patch's memory, but I couldn't bear to see Bobby so sad:cry:

Sending lots of vibes to Bosley. xxx

Poor Ruby, she must be feeling a little confused and lonely :cry: Can you even contemplate a new friend for her (sorry if this has been talked about already)? When Patch went to the bridge Bobby was really depressed so we did make the decision to get Bobby a new friend the following week which was really hard as felt like I was betraying Patch's memory, but I couldn't bear to see Bobby so sad:cry:

If things get bad then I'll have to. ...but I'm not sure she'll take to anybun at the moment. She saw Pixie through the pen outside, and went mental (even though the garden has always a "neutral area" in the sense that everyone went out in it.

She's confused. :( The only thing that's perking her up is her food! :lol: She still loves that. There are times that she looks quite content and she's doing the most wonderful flops (some completely belly up...which terrify me :oops:) but other times she's just a monorail bunny, and looks so sad.:(

I am so sorry to hear that Ruby is grieving - just like Sweep is for Merry - I know only too well what you are going through. :cry:

Poor Sweep even bit me which is so out of character, he is moping around and really sad, which is horrible to see.

Sending tonnes of vibes for Bosley - I really hope that he will be OK.

Hiya,
Awww poor Ruby, its such a shock for them to suddenly be on their own :( When my Tilly died my Timmy was very melancholy, very quiet. It seemed unthinkable to us but a week and a half later we decided that we couldnt leave him on his own anymore and adopted our lovely Mimi for him. He bonded with her surprisingly well, we were expecting problems due to how close he was to Tilly, but I think he was just so pleased to have somebun around.
At first she was purely HIS bun, I was no way near coping with my grief for Tilly. But over the months Ive totally fallen in love with her and now I wouldnt be without her. She didnt replace Tilly, no bun every will but she helped me and Timmy through our grief endlessly :love: Now its my turn to thank her as shes very poorly and needs constant nursing.
I hope you and Ruby find the bun for you xxxxxxxxxxx

Vibes for teddys brother :(

:cry::cry::cry::cry: im sorry. :cry::cry::cry:

I was talking to Hayley the day Teddy died. ...Boz was looking up. And now this. It's just too soon. :(

Ruby: Nobun else better go to the Bridge....I KNOW the faymoose Master Teddy BunBun is there now, and everybun wants to sees him....but none of you bunnies need to go meet him now! :roll: He'll still be there when you is ready! :roll:

Oh no! Binky free Bos.
Ruby - very wise words indeed. Sending you lots of nose rubs. xxx

I'm sorry about Boz.

I'm also sorry things are getting harder with Ruby. Have you tried stimulating her? Like, if food helps, maybe hiding her food? Making it more of a game/challenge which may hopefully distract her for longer?

It may be that she has grieved and understood about Teddy but that she feels this way because of how you feel and is angry she can't help, or something. It may not be about being with Teddy.

Also, I know how hard grief is, and just wanted to remind you that I'm within striking distance if you do need some company or anything.

x

Back