• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eglu rabbit house - what do you think?

The person who designed this didn't know anything about rabbits I feel sure.

I have one in the garden that was donated by Omlet hoping that the rescue they gave it to would big it up to the people who came to adopt rabbits. How wrong they were. I keep it here to show people how awful they are. How could a rabbit possibly exercise in one?

I think that they are designed to attract humans and not to be good for rabbits. They are expensive and you can do far better by buying a nice wooden hutch and a nice brightly coloured tin of paint.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I absolutely hate these things.

Helen

yeh I thought they looked more designed for humans It says
its creates a fun stimulating environment for your rabbits but nothing about it looks stimulating!!! Thankyou I would never of bought one anyway thanks for the thread aswell I will have a read through! :)

yeh I thought they looked more designed for humans It says
its creates a fun stimulating environment for your rabbits but nothing about it looks stimulating!!! Thankyou I would never of bought one anyway thanks for the thread aswell I will have a read through! :)

It's just such a shame because I like the look of them - dead funky, but so impractical. I have used mine for a play run on the grass but, I can't imagine keeping anything in it to be honest. I can't imagine having one in those colours though if it was a suitable size can you? Bit of an eyesore.

A guy at my old work got one- his step-kids wanted rabbits. Anyway he didn't have a clue and was always coming to me for advice. I said they were pointless, tiny, and over priced. Basically an impractical "designer" rabbit house. He could get them a decent sized hutch with run for far less.
I shouldn't have said designer... he loves designer...
So naturally he spent £360 on a lump of plastic, one rabbit died within a few weeks, the other they gave away a few weeks after that because they'd lost interest.

They are tiny :shock: I have seen a few beeing advertised before but I never realised how small they actually were!

It says that you can keep 3-4 netherland dwarfs in there :shock: You couldn't keep one! :(

I can't believe that they are allowed to seel things like this, there should be some kind of law against people selling unsuitable accomadation :(

Sorry for the rant..it makes me sooo angry :x

How bizare!!! :shock:

I have one coming tomoro, it was mine I leant it out years ago to someone hubby works with he is having to move so we are taking it off his hand, better than it going to the tip! Gonna use it as a run for the garden temporarily or we might somehow attach it to Pip's hutch and run.

I know they are not brilliant, but they are not that bad I think they get a bit of a raw deal, I used to get on fine with it, just needs to be bigger!!!

we do all love a good accommodation rant!

The sad thing is that when I first got my rabbits if I had seen that I would think because it was so expensive and said it could contain so many rabbits I would have thought they were amazing and I bet a lot of people have made the same mistake!

becca24, I have seen much worse hutches/accommodation, and they are probably great as part of another run/hutch, but for that price I wouldnt want to have to buy any add-ons!!

we do all love a good accommodation rant!

The sad thing is that when I first got my rabbits if I had seen that I would think because it was so expensive and said it could contain so many rabbits I would have thought they were amazing and I bet a lot of people have made the same mistake!

becca24, I have seen much worse hutches/accommodation, and they are probably great as part of another run/hutch, but for that price I wouldnt want to have to buy any add-ons!!

In a way that is what happened to me, I paid out £350 for it 4 years ago, luckily Harley and Honey were free range buns during the day and then went in there for night time so worked out ok. Obviously now I am aware that there are much better houses out there for less money.

It will come in handy for me to use for Pip as a run on the grass while he is getting used to grazing on grass as unfortunately he cant free range as I dont fully trust Rolo and especially as Pip wants to mate with Rolo they defo can not be trusted in the garden together!!!

In a way that is what happened to me, I paid out £350 for it 4 years ago, luckily Harley and Honey were free range buns during the day and then went in there for night time so worked out ok. Obviously now I am aware that there are much better houses out there for less money.

It will come in handy for me to use for Pip as a run on the grass while he is getting used to grazing on grass as unfortunately he cant free range as I dont fully trust Rolo and especially as Pip wants to mate with Rolo they defo can not be trusted in the garden together!!!

:lol::lol: yes or you could end up with dogits!! Yeah mine can't free range atm either :(

I understand, I think I even looked at this hutch/house when I first got mine and dreamed about owning one :oops:

:lol::lol: yes or you could end up with dogits!! Yeah mine can't free range atm either :(

I understand, I think I even looked at this hutch/house when I first got mine and dreamed about owning one :oops:

Could you imagine! :lol::lol:

I think the idea of it is a relatively good one just needs more adapting for buns really! Be interesting to see what state it is in though may have to bin it neway which will be a shame!

fails the RSPCA & RWA guidlines which roughly equate to a 6ft by 2ft by 2ft hutch or possibly a 5ft double story. Overprice pile of :censored:

Back