PDA

View Full Version : Update on Alice u/d 5 days antib's so far

ShivyRex
27-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Well took Alice to my original vets this evening and I am a happy bunny mummy.

Told her I took her to the other vets and that I wanted a second opinion and she said that was fine. That was the last time it was mentioned.

She listened to her chest for a long time and said there was quite loud lung noise. So loud that she couldn't hear her heart properly so she isn't sure if there is a murmur. She is concerned that there could be some kind of secondary tumours (possible to womb cancer although she was spayed almost 3 years ago I think).

She has given me a 10 day course of antibiotics which I am to inject once a day (it reads like marbogl on the packet but her handwriting is pretty poor).

If symptoms don't improve then she will have to have a chest xray to see if there are any tumours.

So I am happy and glad that things are moving forward.

Thanks guys :)

Blackberry & Co
27-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Glad to hear you're happier with a second opinion. Hope Alice doesn't have anything too serious wrong with her.

sdf76
27-05-2010, 09:31 PM
sending vibes for Alice -sue:wave:

Jack's-Jane
27-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Marbocyl (marbofloxacin) probabaly

I hope Alice responds to abx treatment xx

ShivyRex
27-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks Jane. I knew you'd know the name :)

Fingers crossed she responds. To be honest I haven't really considered the alternative at the mo. probably because she's still eating, drinking, binkying etc.

Am hoping I don't stress her out too much injecting her but I thougt this would be better than giving her an oral antib (more direct iykwim).

Thanks for your kind words peeps!

Jack's-Jane
27-05-2010, 10:16 PM
I think injecting meds is far less stressful for a Bunny than oral administration :)

It's great that Alice is obviously feeling well within herself. Please keep us updated as to how she's doing xx

rosiebunny
27-05-2010, 10:18 PM
When the vet gives keith an injection he doesn't even notice, but oral antibiotics are a nightmare... sounds like the best option.

Hope bun gets well soon x

ShivyRex
31-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Well 5 injections in and all ok so far. I can't really say I have noticed any improvement but still got another 5 days of antibiotics to go. I have to say she has been a little star in letting me inject her! We have bonded a bit as she let me give her full body strokes whereas she didn't allow this before :love:

I forgot to say in first post that vet checked the inside of her front paws and found there to be dried fur which suggests she has a snuffly nose although snuffles aren't prominent so fingers crossed it is just some kind of chest infection.

Thought I would update. Thanks for reading.

Blackberry & Co
31-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Glad to hear she's being co-operative :D

hurricanhoney
31-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Glad she's OK at the moment. Must be a rex thing as my Frankie had similar symptons and is now on baytril for a respiratory infection. I hope the antibiotics work for her and she improves.

ShivyRex
31-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Yeah it seems rexes tend to get into respiritory issues. Frankie is :love::love: btww. Love his colouring!

Nicola3
01-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi Shiv :wave:

I had to take Herman Bunster into see Justine last week as he's been a poorly bun too.

I hope Alice shows signs of improvement and it isn't anything serious. Did you see Justine too? I've not been able to find out where Viv is working. All I know is that she was supposed to be moving back down to Cornwall.

Big hugs,

Nic x x x