• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Alice u/d 5 days antib's so far

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
Well took Alice to my original vets this evening and I am a happy bunny mummy.

Told her I took her to the other vets and that I wanted a second opinion and she said that was fine. That was the last time it was mentioned.

She listened to her chest for a long time and said there was quite loud lung noise. So loud that she couldn't hear her heart properly so she isn't sure if there is a murmur. She is concerned that there could be some kind of secondary tumours (possible to womb cancer although she was spayed almost 3 years ago I think).

She has given me a 10 day course of antibiotics which I am to inject once a day (it reads like marbogl on the packet but her handwriting is pretty poor).

If symptoms don't improve then she will have to have a chest xray to see if there are any tumours.

So I am happy and glad that things are moving forward.

Thanks guys :)

Last edited:
Thanks Jane. I knew you'd know the name :)

Fingers crossed she responds. To be honest I haven't really considered the alternative at the mo. probably because she's still eating, drinking, binkying etc.

Am hoping I don't stress her out too much injecting her but I thougt this would be better than giving her an oral antib (more direct iykwim).

Thanks for your kind words peeps!

I think injecting meds is far less stressful for a Bunny than oral administration :)

It's great that Alice is obviously feeling well within herself. Please keep us updated as to how she's doing xx

When the vet gives keith an injection he doesn't even notice, but oral antibiotics are a nightmare... sounds like the best option.

Hope bun gets well soon x

Well 5 injections in and all ok so far. I can't really say I have noticed any improvement but still got another 5 days of antibiotics to go. I have to say she has been a little star in letting me inject her! We have bonded a bit as she let me give her full body strokes whereas she didn't allow this before :love:

I forgot to say in first post that vet checked the inside of her front paws and found there to be dried fur which suggests she has a snuffly nose although snuffles aren't prominent so fingers crossed it is just some kind of chest infection.

Thought I would update. Thanks for reading.

Glad she's OK at the moment. Must be a rex thing as my Frankie had similar symptons and is now on baytril for a respiratory infection. I hope the antibiotics work for her and she improves.

Hi Shiv :wave:

I had to take Herman Bunster into see Justine last week as he's been a poorly bun too.

I hope Alice shows signs of improvement and it isn't anything serious. Did you see Justine too? I've not been able to find out where Viv is working. All I know is that she was supposed to be moving back down to Cornwall.

Big hugs,

Nic x x x

Back