• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lara has Gone Blind :-( U/D and Heart Problem :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Lara lost her sight in her left eye just over 5 weeks ago. She had what looked like a cataract but apparently wasn't (according to C). She was treated with Maxitrol, Panacur and Metacam. Today the exact same thing has happened in her right eye. Because it was so sudden she is finding being completely blind very distressing :cry: I have sobbed all afternoon as she looks so scared :cry:

I have started her treatment again and Dermot is looking after her. Aswell as blindness Lara has alot of muscle loss in her hind legs due to arthritis in her spine (and *possibly* EC) :cry:

My trusted Vet is away for 3 weeks and every day another of my Buns gets seriously poorly :cry:

I feel so anxious about so many of them :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
I am so sorry Jane, you really are having a hard time with your buns. Sending vibes for you all. x

Oh Jane, I'm very sorry. I don't know if you're interested but someone I know on another forum has a lot of experience with EC and has found Panacur useless and something else is showing positive signs of actually penetrating the blood brain barrier. He may think Lara is showing signs of a genuine EC infection. If you want to know more, PM me, ok?

I sure hope that Lara calms down quicks and settles down easily. If she is not distressed then the situation may be easier to deal with.

Poor Lara and poor you :cry: I'm sure that once she gets more used to it she'll become less stressed, but it must be horrible to know she must be scared and confused at the moment, especially with your vet away :cry:.

So sorry Jane for you both, especially you Jane as you seem to be having a real rough time at the moment:( I hope something can be done for Lara:cry:

Oh no, poor Lara :( I'm sure she feels comforted by hearing your voice and having Dermot by her side. I really hope she picks up very soon xx

Awe poor Lara :( it must be very distressing to watch her struggling. I really hope she settles and adapts quickly! You must be counting every second until C is back! Big hugs for you too x

:shock: Oh heck poor thing. I'm close to tears for you both.

I wonder if she'll find the dark more comforting and panic less, dupe her into to thinking its night time and all the scary beasties will be asleep.

I truly hope there's a treatment for her.

Oh no poor beautiful Lara. She is a very pretty bun. I am sorry to hear this - I hope she settles down soon.

Poor Lara, she must be so frightened. I'm so sorry you are going through such a bad time too at the moment Jane. Sending hugs and noserubs to all the poorly bunnies.

Back