• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Girly noises!!

LittleBear18

Young Bun
Hey Guys,

I have a little girl who is completely inlove with her husbun, she is going to be spayed in a couple of weeks.

I'm slightly concerned she makes a funny noise when I try and handle her, but she also makes this noise when she gets excited.

Its really hard to describe it and its not agressive its abit like a noise made through her nose, like... hmm not a squeek but thats the only way I can describe it. It sounds really forced through her nose!

Any body able to make sense of what on earth I have written and if they know what I mean?

Thanks guys :)

xx

Both of my rabbits make 'hhhmmm' noises! all i can describe it as is like when we say 'hhmm' if we are thinking about something! also they sometimes make a similar noise right before they stamp their feet. my boy bunny was very noisy before he was neutered, he jumped all over me making 'uh uh uh' noises. they are so cute when they make noises, i don't think it's anything unusual, i think they're just letting us know they are there!

2 of mine make these noises, 2 dont - very strange.

the 2 that do tend to do it when they are scared, like if I come in the room unexpectadly...

Its nothing to worry about :D

I know the noise you mean, it is very hard to describe. Blakey does the sme thing when she doesn't want to bepicked up .... but also when Mr Bingley is trying to 'be naughty' with her (which she instigates - little madam :oops: ) So, it's either a 'goway big hoomin, ugh ugh' or a very Jane Austen reaction to a handsome bun - she's a very confused bun :lol:

The noise I think you're describing sounds similar to Nutmeg. She sometimes makes a wheezing sound and sometimes a nasal low pitched squeak. Vet says she has had pasterella at some point (before we had her) and that it has damaged her lungs a little bit.

Thanks guys :)!!

She makes it when I go to pick her up like 'no no, get off' but she does it when foods coming!!

Confusing much, maybe its just one of those things she makes when emotional!! Its just such a heart string pulling noise!

He is the most silent bun in the world, so her making noise was like :shock:

I'll have words with her, if shes gonna make a noise, could she make one thats I can describe please!!!

Thaaanks

xx

Back