• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny sexing...

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
I had a lady phone up today about 2 rabbits I sexed a month ago as boys.

She got 2 rabbits from a pet shop late last year and was told they were both female but...well...I am sure you can guess the rest.

Anyhoo, she bought the litter in to be sexed - 2 boys, 2 girls. She is keeping the girls with mum and the boys with dad for now. She noticed the dad was mounting one of the 'boys' and so this put doubt in her mind.

I checked them again to be sure and I am not sure on the one she is doubting. When I had a look, it initially looked like a 'slit' but as i pushed down a bit further, it looked like a 'hole'. The nurse and vet both had a look also and weren't sure. I have asked to see them again in 2 weeks.

Does anyone know of or have any decent photos of rabbit genitalia I could e-mail her?

Also, can a 3 month old male get pregnant from a 3 month old male whose testicles have not descended?

Thank you in advance!

Erin :)

sexing

I had the same thing happen with a litter just a few weeks ago... a lovely little agouti doe turned out to be a buck.... Luckly it was me that decided to give him one more check when i was cutting his nails, b4 he went to his new home! He deffo had a slit then a week later it was a hole.... LOL :oops:

Back