• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One of my Rescues have come for holidays and

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
she is being helped to the Bridge today. She is in kidney failure and in alot of pain:(. her owners don't come home until Sunday.

Pippa came into rescue when she was just 2yrs old with her partner Bobby. They were very timid bunnies but with work and their forever home they blossomed into confident loving bunnies. They are now both coming up to 6yrs old and have had a wonderful life.

Oh no what an awful thing to happen :cry: have you any way of contacting the owners before they come home? Good that you know Pippa has had a good life though and you're doing the right thing not letting her suffer. Is Bobby still with her? Have a peaceful passing Pippa xx

Oh no what an awful thing to happen :cry: have you any way of contacting the owners before they come home? Good that you know Pippa has had a good life though and you're doing the right thing not letting her suffer. Is Bobby still with her? Have a peaceful passing Pippa xx

Unfortunately the owners haven't taken their mobile but they have always said that if anything ever did happen to any of their rabbits whilst in my care they know I would only do the right thing by their rabbits and trust me implicitly. I suppose I am lucky in thesense I have known them for 6yrs as they adopted a rabbit off me then.
Doesn't make it any easier though:(

Can she not have painkillers until Sunday? So sad that they can't say goodbye.

Are you sure that their instructions included pts? And I'm assuming vet knows that you're not the owner, for the consent forms?

Can she not have painkillers until Sunday? So sad that they can't say goodbye.

Are you sure that their instructions included pts? And I'm assuming vet knows that you're not the owner, for the consent forms?

But Sunday is 3 days away. It's a long time to leave a pet suffering with organ failure. She would've probably passed before then anyway.

So sorry to hear.
Not an easy position, but like they have said you will put the bun first and do whats best.
Big hugs xxxx

Oh Kay I'm so sorry you're having to face this now. At least you have the confidence knowing the owners give you their full support.

Oh Kay I am so sorry, I hope bunny had a peaceful passing. Poor owners and what a responsibility for you to make that decision. x

Back