• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Doses in a bottle of Lapinject??

Alfagirl

Mama Doe
I've read that a botle of Lapinject VHD contains 5 doses, can someone confirm this for me? I trust the girls and boys of RU more than Google!

Also, how soon after opening does it have to be used? I'm just trying to save myself and a friend some pennies!

Thanks xx

Thanks Jane, I was hoping you might post as you always know so much!

I've adopted another boy bun, and with Tibbsy and Echo needing theirs too, I thought I could get them all done on the same day, and my friend might be able to use a dose too. The buns are all at the same vet, so hopefully they'll be ok with it.
I just don't like the idea of a vaccine going to waste when there are so many buns who need them!

Thanks Jane, I was hoping you might post as you always know so much!

I've adopted another boy bun, and with Tibbsy and Echo needing theirs too, I thought I could get them all done on the same day, and my friend might be able to use a dose too. The buns are all at the same vet, so hopefully they'll be ok with it.
I just don't like the idea of a vaccine going to waste when there are so many buns who need them!

I always liase with ARC when I know I'll have a dose or two left over. So no doses get wasted xx

Most vets still charge the same for each vaccine as it should also cover a general health check during the consultation.

I would say to rescues though that they should talk to their vets about using the remainder, left in a bottle, at a discounted rate- assuming they are happy to let you inject, there is a risk though because the vaccine is nasty if you accidentally inject yourselves.

They will probably still charge you for each individual bunny vaccinated :(

Mine charge 20% off for taking in five at a time (or actually 4 last time).

But I still feel they are making a whopping profit!!! Even after 20% off its £25 each and its not as though we need a check up as they have usually seen all the buns recently..

According to the website, and if I can remember rightly from the last time, it's £20 for VHD, but they routinely use Cylap so I don't know if they will charge extra for getting Lapinject in.

I don't know what Echo had last time (done by SSPCA), but Tibbsy had Cylap and she had a horrible scabby neck for days and all the fur round her neck and down one side of her chest fell out. :(

Why can't all vets just use the vaccine without the horrible side effects?!

But I still feel they are making a whopping profit!!! Even after 20% off its £25 each and its not as though we need a check up as they have usually seen all the buns recently..

£25 a vaccine?!!! :shock:

I pay £13 a vaccine... insist on having Lapinject... and only have two rabbits :oops: However, I do have to travel to their Warwick branch which is about a 2 hour round trip... vets are happy enough to do it though :lol:

We get 15% of myxi and VHD if we take in 3 or more bunnies. Thankfully VHD is only around £13 with the discount :)

I asked the vet to order in lapinject and they said it will be 4 doses I have to pay for as it's a special delivery for me.
:wave:

Today I paid £24.87 for the first and £12.10 for each subsequent (two more). In with that price they all got their claws trimmed, Artie had his bladder expressed and all the 'old wool' trimmed from his belly and round his botty ... for no extra cost - bargain :love::love: Oh and Rudy got a cuddle for free as well :lol::lol:

the vets wont even order it in now..
its far cheaper to cylap..something like 20 doses isnt it...and shelf life of several days once opened or is it more..trying to recall what my vet said.:?

Back