• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need advise on Jimby

rachylou

Warren Veteran
For the past few days, Jimby has not been so interested in his pellets, he will eat half of them then run off and eat the rest later after I encourage him.
He has been scrabbling more than usual, he pulled the socks of the airer and picked them up, threw them around and looked like he wanted to make a bed out of them, he lunged and grunted at my sister when she was giving him a treat, he has gone off the big chunks of dandelion root which he usually loves.
I called the vets and they have booked him in for 4.55pm today but have said they can not do anything other than look at him today, but if need be can fit him in for a dental tomorrow morning, but think it is unlikely to be his teeth as he is still eating some things.
I am so worried, what if he is going in to statis again

I have already replied on your other thread :wave:

As I have said before, if he has molar spurs then just rasping them off without a full Dental under GA is unlikely to be beneficial in the longterm. His episodes of stasis are probably related to his Dental problems and having a thorough Dental under GA is more likely to reduce the rate of developement of more advanced Dental Disease and therefore reduce the risks of recurrent episodes of stasis.

I hope his appointment at the Vets goes well :)

Hope it all goes well at the vets later :) When Joe had tooth trouble he was still eating some things but not others, i think it depends what teeth are troubling them - and the chewing action required - as to what they may carry on eating/leaving. I agree with jacks-jane that a thorough check is the best bet to get to the bottom of it.

Back