• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silly space and rabbit question??

Grin

Wise Old Thumper
If you have 2 rabbits, do you need twice the space?

Well, I've just been on this website
http://www.rhydowenrodentrefuge.webs.com/

looking for a hamster and there's none there but i loooove the rabbit on there! It got me thinking but i cant expand the space. Plus i was thinking of making a run for the summer (he's an indoor bun) but would that need to be twice as big? :oops:

Ohhh, the englishy bun? :love:

I don't really know the answer to your question I'm afraid. :? How big is your set up at the moment and how many bunnies are in it?

ETA - just read it'd be for two bunnies. Duhh! So long as they have the usual 2X6 hutch plus 4X6 run (or equivilent run space :)) then that'll be fine. :wave:

Last edited:
As long as your bun has a large space at the moment then i dont think a buddy would take up too much :)

Thanks.

He's not in a hutch - well he has one available (a tiny one) but it's never shut and just used as his bed. He has an outhouse which is about 8x6 ft (actually probably 6x6 floor space really as there's a dryer and washer in there which is only used when he's in the house) and he has a hallway (approx 10x2 ft). Thats for when we are all out. In the evenings/weekends, he comes into the house and has free run except the bathroom and bedrooms (he likes weeing on duvets and the bathroom isnt safe for him).

Not sure if the set up is ideal for every bun but it suits him fine - he seems really happy there. Was wondering about introducing a friend as i worry he gets lonely when the girls are at school. :?

Back