• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pellets

we have tried to get my rabbit onto pellets, he doesnt seem to like them!

we have mixed it in with his old food but he just picks out the old food! Any advice on how to make him? I did think of just not putting any nice food in but then i dont want to be nasty! He eats the odd one, but nowhere near as much as he did with the old nice food!

How many grams of pellets would you suggest giving a pair of small rabbits?

Mine get 25g between two. Half in the morning, half just before bed. This is the equivalent of an eggcup full each.

we have tried to get my rabbit onto pellets, he doesnt seem to like them!

we have mixed it in with his old food but he just picks out the old food! Any advice on how to make him? I did think of just not putting any nice food in but then i dont want to be nasty! He eats the odd one, but nowhere near as much as he did with the old nice food!

Just keep trying. We had the same issue with Mischa. Eventually he gave up but it took us a long while. Now he goes crazy for them. You need to start with about 75% old food, 25% new for a few days, then 50/50 for a few days, then 75% new 25% old, the finally all new. He'll get there, you just need to not give in. :)

Back