• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ralph's not right - anyone there?

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Just been to see Ralph this morning and he was sitting hunched and shivering. I've brought him in and he's running around but refusing pellets which he NEVER does. This is the biggest day of my life so far in my career (I have to go and shoot a person I've been trying to get on camera for the past 2 years for channel 4) and I can't be late.

How many hours has a rabbit got to be refusing food for before you take them to the vet?

He's got a bit of yellow discharge around his bottom, but no diarrhea (like he normally does.)

I dont know hun but it does not sound good. Lucy went down so quickly with stasis it scares the **** out of me.

They say a good run around the garden can get the tummy moving. Has he done any poo? Can you tempt him with a favourite treat?

I know you have a tough day but I would head to the vet, big hugs hun - it always happens at times like this.

It sounds like he needs to see a vet asap. If you can't take him, can you get someone else to or at least drop him off at your vets for the day so that they can help him.

Hi

I am so sorry to hear that Ralph is poorly. Merry was ill on Tuesday, very quiet and not eating - I rushed her to the vets, but she went to the bridge in the afternoon. :cry:

I'm not trying to scare you but I would get him to the vets if I was you, is there anyone else that could help out and take him to the vets for you?

I really hope that you manage to, but I understand also how important work can be, if only we could be in 2 places at once.

Seriously good luck whatever you decide.

i;m definitely taking him to the vets - it's just I wondered how quickly they treat buns who haven't been eating.

He looks in pain, I can't bear seeing him like this.

I'd take him to the Vets now to be there for when they open. Then I'd ask them to admit him.

Sending lots of vibes xx

i;m definitely taking him to the vets - it's just I wondered how quickly they treat buns who haven't been eating.

He looks in pain, I can't bear seeing him like this.

i think straight away as soon as they will see him if theres clearly pain. sending loads of vibes xxxxx

my vets let me go straight over and fit us in when alvin goes on hunger strike.

Hope he's ok.

Mr Bubble wouldn't eat his breakfast one morning a couple of months ago, and was very restless and didn't greet me in the morning. I had him to the vet first thing. I was so sure I was going to lose him. He picked up a couple of hours after the concoction the vet gave him.
________
Big **** Cam

Last edited:
Well I dropped him off and I'm halfway up the M40 now so hope I get there on time.
The non- rabbit savvy vet is in which makes me slightly worried, but I think the fact he's at the vets is the best place. Please send him vibes!!!

Well I dropped him off and I'm halfway up the M40 now so hope I get there on time.
The non- rabbit savvy vet is in which makes me slightly worried, but I think the fact he's at the vets is the best place. Please send him vibes!!!

Lots of vibes being sent !! xx

aww poor ralph - buns certianly do pick their timing! i really hope he will be ok and you get some good news..

Also good luck with your shooting today - hope its goes well xx

Sending tonnes of vibes for Ralph - he is in the best place. Hope you have a good day with work and try not to worry to much.

No not beautiful Ralph! Tons of vibes for this cheeky little man

Let me know if there is anything i can do hun xx

Back