• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

After Spay

vee-jay

Mama Doe
Hi
My girl bun just got spayed today. Now, she is at the moment out side in an indoor cage in her insulated wendy house with her boyfriend running around the wendy house. He was missing her alot and I thought it would be best for them to be able to see each other...now im worried it may be too cold for her?
She is on newspaper and has her snugglesafe, she as peed/poo'ed and as drank some water, havent seem her eat yet (though i think she has had a nibble).
So should i bring her in or leave her out?

I was advised to bring Bella in for a couple of days due to body temp dropping after anasthetic (sp?). ...

Hi
My girl bun just got spayed today. Now, she is at the moment out side in an indoor cage in her insulated wendy house with her boyfriend running around the wendy house. He was missing her alot and I thought it would be best for them to be able to see each other...now im worried it may be too cold for her?
She is on newspaper and has her snugglesafe, she as peed/poo'ed and as drank some water, havent seem her eat yet (though i think she has had a nibble).
So should i bring her in or leave her out?

I would say they are probably ok to go together - at least they could snuggle together. it is advised to keep them in for 24-48 hours to keep an eye on them and its harder for them to maintain their body temp after an operation.
can you bring them both in for a few days?

I would say they are probably ok to go together - at least they could snuggle together. it is advised to keep them in for 24-48 hours to keep an eye on them and its harder for them to maintain their body temp after an operation.
can you bring them both in for a few days?

thing is they arent together, Poppy is in a cage in the wendy house. Its just Ebony was all misrable.

I'd prob bring her in then to be on the safe side and a closer eye on her...eating etc may need encouragement :D

thing is they arent together, Poppy is in a cage in the wendy house. Its just Ebony was all misrable.

oh i see - sorry - I thought you meant they were bonded.
Hope she starts nomming soon - sounds like she doing great if she has already pooped.. just needs some nice tasty treats to tempt her! Dandelions, herbs and banana worked with mine.

I got Cloud spayed a couple of weeks ago - she lives in the house anyway but I found she was being a bit grouchy and bored so I started putting her outside in the run so she could see the other bunnies like usual. She seemed a lot happier out there but I did worry she'd get cold on her little bald spot as the weather here wasn't great at the time. She was fine though. Can you pop your bun out in the wendy house during the day and bring her back in for the night?

well just went down to see her. She is acting very alert and interested in things. She dosent feel cold and i gave her a towl. I gave her a radish leaf so hopefully that will be eaten by tomorrow:)
Thanks every one

sadly had to seperate them today as Ebony was scaring Poppy (dont know how:?)
so she is in my room now. hoping she will start eating properly now and that they will go back together later

Back