• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binky Free Beautiful Inca 3 years since you left :(

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
Today we had to say goodbye to our beautiful little Inca.

She was only with us for a short time but she touched our hearts so deeply and enriched our lives beyond anything we could have imagined. We joked about our "Lady Inca" but in reality she was a very timid, unassuming, gentle and affectionate little bunny. She had a terrible start in life and we wanted so much to make up for that and so we gave her everything we thought a special bunny like her deserved.

Just last week and for the first time she sat on my knee to eat breakfast, something I never thought I'd have the privilege of experiencing. Prior to that hourly nose rubs and cuddles had become the norm and she would sit and wait for us so that she could give back the love that we showered her with.

We have a huge and unfillable Inca shaped hole in our lives now and we will miss her forever.

We are sad too for Inca's foster mummy Ange who looked after her so well and for so long before she came to us and of course for Jill who saved her from the dreadful place. Thank you both so much for giving us our little girl.

Inca is buried under the apple tree in our garden where, if she had been an outdoor bunny, we are sure she would have liked to sit.

I'm sorry you didn't get to feel the sunshine before you left us Inca, we had planned for you to explore the garden this weekend but you were just too poorly.

Binky free beautiful Inca, you will always be our little princess and we will never forget you.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. I remember seeing her beautiful face on RR and hoping she'd find a wonderful home - she did :love: It's heartbreaking to hear she's gone so soon :cry::cry::cry:

Your post was extremely touching to read!
I'm sure she enjoyed all the time she did have with you.

Binky Free Inca!! xx

Jenny, I am typing this with tears in my eyes.

I am so devastated for you after all that Inca went through in her original home and all of the love and care that you lavished upon her.

I remember Jill (Honeybunny) posting a thread about her in her new home, watching television in her hay-filled box with pictures of the filthy hutch that she was rescued from. She looked like such a pampered girl and I was very pleased when I found out that you were a forum member as I really wanted to see some more pics of Inca!

I was so pleased when you ordered the cozy and binky pad from me as it meant that I too became part of her story.

She was such a precious little thing and I can't really believe that she is gone. I love the photo you posted and the video as they show what a happy little bun she was enjoying the sunshine and smiling to herself.

It has been a pleasure to hear about your efforts to improve the lives of other rabbits and although I know you must be very sad right now you have the pleasure and satisfaction of knowing that Inca was loved and cared for in her final days which would not have been the case in her original home.

I hope that your resolve to help rabbits will only be strengthened in Inca's memory and that you will carry on the good work you have started to help all of the other little Incas out there living in filthy and neglected conditions who cannot help themselves.

Binky free precious Inca!

Oh my goodness, i am really shocked to read this.

You must be devastated, hugs for you xx

Your little baby had such a good home with you, you were the best bunny mummy she could have wished for.

Binky free angel Inca xx

Back