• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flopsy's new friend... Tiara

KTJ

Alpha Buck
I've been looking for quite some time now for a female friend for my Flopsy, and today I went to a local rescue (a private one) about half an hour away from me. They are primarily a small animal boarding place, but often rabbits are left by their door apparently and they then try and rehome them.

I fell in love with Tiara (have a look at her head, she has a grey "crown") and they offered to allow me to take Flopsy in and bond him, but me being me, I wanted to try the bonding myself, and since bringing Tiara home this afternoon, and using all the advice I had read on this forum and from the RSPCA, I tried it.

I will be taking Tiara and Flopsy back to the rescue as I only lasted half an hour with them out together before my nerves got the better of me and I separated them :( I'm hoping their friendship does work, and although I wasn't overly happy with them being out together in the garden, Flopsy hasn't completely mauled her, he actually ignored her for most of the time, and pestered me :?

Anyway, take a look at Tiara... she's 3 years old, spayed and quite large (personally, she's slightly too large!!)

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

Flopsy got bored of waiting for Tiara to succumb to his charm :lol:

bean1.jpg

I was waaaaay too nervous to take pictures of them together, but to be honest, they rarely went near eachother, and when they did I panicked, but hopefully it will be the start of a great friendship!

Edit: Today Tiara has been digging in compost, so her cute fluffy fur is no longer white :lol:

Last edited:
Aww, they are both lovely! :D :love:

But bonding should have been done in a small/neutral area such as a dog crate or pen.
I hope the bonding at the rescue works out! They will make a bunsome couple :love:

Aww, how sweet! Is lil man neutered yet?

If you mean Flopsy, then yes he is, he was done a few months ago, and to be honest, it has not changed him one bit! He still sprays his hutch (and me if I get too close!!) he chews it, despite having a wide selection of toys and treats, and enjoys getting frisky with my dressing gown when he comes in the house :lol: Oh, and he's probably even more territorial since being done aswell... I thought neutering was meant to help calm him down?! :lol:

If you mean Flopsy, then yes he is, he was done a few months ago, and to be honest, it has not changed him one bit! He still sprays his hutch (and me if I get too close!!) he chews it, despite having a wide selection of toys and treats, and enjoys getting frisky with my dressing gown when he comes in the house :lol: Oh, and he's probably even more territorial since being done aswell... I thought neutering was meant to help calm him down?! :lol:

:shock:

Sometimes it can take a while! :lol: Pickles took yeeeeeeeeeears! :roll:

Back