• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do you think i`d be insensetive ?

pennypoos

Mama Doe
Some of you may have read my thread yesturday, about the sad loss of my beautifull baby bun benjie. Even though I feel very sad about his passing, i also feel that i could offer a loving and caring home to somebun that deserves a second chance in life. Do you think it would be selfish of me to think about rehoming so soon after the death of benjie ? I don`t want to feel as if i can replace one bunny with another so soon after such a sad tragedy, and in a way i think i would feel as if im being unfaithfull to benjie, even though he was with us for such a short time.
There is a rabbit rescue in my area that always has plenty of buns that are looking for a new home. I just wanted your thoughts realy, DO you think it is too soon to think about rehoming ? and am i being selfish to even think about it so soon after benjies death ?

i dont think so, i have rehomed buns after losing my others, i would like to think they gave me there blessing, i never wanted one to look the same though that would be too difficult for me.

Of course not! It's up to you how soon you feel ready for another rabbit.
I'm sure Benjie would be happy about another rabbit having the chance to live with a great bunny mummy.

I don't think you are :D and no one should judge you, do what you feel is right for you ....piccies when you do adopt :D

I don't think you're being insensitive or selfish. If you're thinking about rehoming a bun, that's a generous way of thinking. I'm sure that the rescue buns would jump (or maybe hop:lol:) at the opportunity of a second chance.:)

You're not 'replacing' Benjie by rehoming another rabbit, you're 'remembering' Benjie by giving the opportunity of a good home to another rabbit.:D

It's definitely not selfish to think about giving a rescue bun a loving home, it would be a lovely way of honouring Benjie's memory. I don't think there is a wrong or right answer about when to get another bun after losing one - it's what ever feels right to you.

How could that be selfish? You won't be replacing your boy, you just need a companion for your bun. As they say, your heart just gets bigger.

Good luck finding somebun suitable!

There is NOTHING selfish about giving another bun a second, third or even sadly fourth chance at a happy home :)

i sent Alvin off to be bonded 4 days after Pearl died, theres no right or wrong or insenitive on when you next take home a new bunny xxx

I think that'd be lovely. :love:

I think that I'm being selfish by not being ready to get Ruby a friend. Strangely I'd be less against getting Pixie a new friend....but can't even think about "replacing" Teddy...we had such a bond.

I think that'd be lovely. :love:

I think that I'm being selfish by not being ready to get Ruby a friend. Strangely I'd be less against getting Pixie a new friend....but can't even think about "replacing" Teddy...we had such a bond.

I don`t think your being selfish at all by not feeling ready to get a new friend for ruby. You have lost a bun that you had a very close bond with, and it will take you time to get over your loss. One day you`ll know when the time is right for you and ruby, and then you`ll know that your ready to begin a new frienship with another lucky bun. I read your sad thread the other day, and i hope you are ok.:)

Thank you all for making me feel better about rehoming a new bun. I`v phoned the rescue, and i`m going to visit her in the morning to have a chat and to look at all of the beautifull buns.:love::love:

Back