• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Night time free ranging

tdsouza

Warren Scout
I live in a small flat and the boys are freerange during the day, but due to the hot weather they don't get lively till night.

As they are a new bond (roughly 2months now) and are getting on great :D are they ready to free range at night?

Any advise would be great.

Thanks

I bet your rabbits would love to free range at night time, because it`s when they are most active. I think as long as the space you are going to let them free range at night is bunny proof, then im sure they`ll be fine.:) I shut my rabbit in the kitchen at night time because i don`t trust her in the front room around the TV where there`s loads of wires, and my OH will not let me put anything infront of it to stop her from going round there because he said it`ll look a mess. :wave:

i don`t trust her in the front room around the TV where there`s loads of wires, and my OH will not let me put anything infront of it to stop her from going round there because he said it`ll look a mess. :wave:

This is the reason mine are barred from the front room :roll: what's wrong with a barricade of DVD's all round the telly unit anyway?! :lol:

I agree, just make sure that it's is 100% bunny proofed, they can squeeze into spaces you wouldn't think possible (if their head can fit, so can the rest of them :shock:) and are very clever at learning to move and open things too so any bunnyproofing round things needs to be absolutely solid.

When you go to bed at night do you turn the light off to their room or leave it on?

A while ago when I tried to give Hopper night time Freeranging, everytime I turned off the light he would come running to me and as I couldn't see him almost sent me flying, :shock: he would then follow me to my room and sit outside or tried to dig a tunnel into my room :evil:. Hopefully now he has a friend this time should be different.

Thanks.

When you go to bed at night do you turn the light off to their room or leave it on?

A while ago when I tried to give Hopper night time Freeranging, everytime I turned off the light he would come running to me and as I couldn't see him almost sent me flying, :shock: he would then follow me to my room and sit outside or tried to dig a tunnel into my room :evil:. Hopefully now he has a friend this time should be different.

Thanks.

I leave the small light on so that the light in the kitchen is dim. penny knows when i`m going to bed so i usually distract her by giving her some fruit or veg that she takes and scoffes in her hidey box, then i can quickly close the door and make my escape up to bed.:D

Back