• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

1 of the nail of my bun is a different color, have any1 seen it before?

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
I just adopted a new bun today, his nail is black. Black in all 4 toes x 2, plus all 5 finger nails x both paw except 1 finger.

It's the natural clear color. Has any1 seen this before?

White nails often appear in places they 'shouldn't'. Its a genetic 'defect' that many breeders are trying to breed out.

I have the opposite bunnies with all white nails apart from one which has recently just turned black. :lol:

Rudy has a black claw. His feet are completely white so it looks really funny.

:D Congratulations on your new bunny

I trim all my animals claws and it adds up to an (Quick add up...)

140:shock: WOW.

Anyway I have always cut all of my animals claws, I would hate to add all of them up but I can safely say your animal is perfectly normal. I have a westie that should have all black claws but two of hers are a light brown color, and a lot easier to trim than the others:D

Bailey has a mixture of both coloured nails! :lol:

Pebble has mostly white with one or two dark nails.

its just different coloured pigment and variation of the nails - is often connected with the colour coat they have. Its not linked with illness at all. My dog has a whole variation of different coloured paw nails!

where's photos of the new bun :D

It's all cloudy and rain in the past weeks. So there is no sun. So I can't take him outside to take photos. I only do indoor photos when the sun shines in. Unless I use flash light, but I don't like flash light. So I'm patiently waiting

Its perfectly fine. the nail colour is usualy determined by the coat colour, but if a rabbit carries the BEW gene then it sometimes means they just have one or two white nails, very annoying as you cant see them properly:lol:
he is a very cute wee castor (i think) rex. did you get him from a breeder as I see he has a tatoo (not to sure what they do in canada).

What's BEW?

The tattoo is the marking from SPCA, so if he escape from my house and if he's then found by some1 deliver to SPCA, SPCA can trace from the tattoo no. and inform me that they found her. I don't support breeder

Blue Eye White is a colour of rabbit often shortened to BEW :)
I didnt realise that rescues over there tatoo rabbits aswell, just thought i would be breeders. Makes sence tho

Back