• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't believe I am typing this ... Merry has gone

Netutopia

Alpha Buck
I am in shock, I can't quite take it in, I keep thinking that I am dreaming and I will wake up and everything will be fine.

Yesterday morning Merry was very subdued, so I took her straight to the vets, the vet couldn't really see anything wrong with her, (she even produced some healthy poos whilst at the vets) but said that she did seem a bit quiet, to keep an eye on her and take her back today if she was still quiet.

My husband checked her lunch time and she was just sitting quietly. I got back from work and she was lay on her side, gone to the bridge with poor Sweep (her husbun) not knowing what to do. :(

I can't believe it, not my Merry. :(

She had been fine and now she is gone. I feel like I have failed her in some way. I feel totally inadequate. :(

I'm so sorry! :cry::cry::cry: This hasn't been a good week for RU! :( I'd love to tell you that it gets easier....but it hasn't yet.

I am so sorry. You noticed she was not quite herself and you took her to be checked over with the vet. There really is nothing more you can have done.

Any prey animal is naturally talented at hiding any injury and illness.

She passed to the Bridge happy and loved, that is so much more than so many pets get. You should be proud of yourself for giving her such a wonderful life and such a loving husbun.

Binky free little one, sweet dreams. xx

I'm so sorry for your loss:( please dont feel you are in any way to blame-you took her to the vet the minute you suspected something was wrong,there was nothing more you could have done.Unfortunately bunnies are only "lent" to us for a short time.
Binky free Merry,sending hugs for you xxx

Thank you everyone for your support and kind comments - I just feel like crying all of the time. I can't believe she has gone.

I tried to cuddle Sweep last night, but he kept trying to bite me as if he blamed me - he came to the vets too, and I'm sure he thinks that it is my fault.

Also, my Grandad had a heart bypass on Monday and he is in critical care at the moment. I have to carry on as normal and keep working (self employed) and be strong for my son, inside I feel broken. :(

Thank you everyone for your support and kind comments - I just feel like crying all of the time. I can't believe she has gone.

I tried to cuddle Sweep last night, but he kept trying to bite me as if he blamed me - he came to the vets too, and I'm sure he thinks that it is my fault.

Also, my Grandad had a heart bypass on Monday and he is in critical care at the moment. I have to carry on as normal and keep working (self employed) and be strong for my son, inside I feel broken. :(

That's what the forum is here for, you never have to pretend to be strong on here, someone always has something supportive to say :love:

I'm sorry , you did the right thing taking her to the vets so you did all you could for Merry. I'm sure Sweep doesn't blame you either, he's just distraught like you are at the mo.

Sending vibes for your Grandad, i know someone who had a triple bypass years ago and once he's got over the inital healing and recovery he will feel like a new man and will be fitter than he was before the op ;)

Binky free Merry xxx

Oh no Im so sorry for your horrible loss :cry:
Please dont blame yourself, you truly did everything you could, theres nothing more you could have done to avoid it.
If you ever need to vent just get on here and have a good rant and cyber cry. Am thinking of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh no - how awful for you! :cry:

Am so so sorry - but as others have said please don't blame yourself. Lots of hugs for you - thinking of you.

I hope your Grandad recovers well too.

I'm so sorry you lost Merry :cry: And that your granddad is unwell. I'll be sending some vibes your way xxx :( Also thinking of little Sweep :cry: I'm sure he doesn't blame you hun,maybe it's just his way of dealing with the grief :cry:

I am so sorry for the loss of Merry.
Sending vibes for your grandpa.
Binky free at the Bridge Merry. x

Back