• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fingers crossed for Robert! U/D June 28 - My baby's gone.

Gertie

Mama Doe
I'm off to drop him at the vets soon for a thorough dental exam under GA and I'm very worried about what they're going to find. :cry: He's a dental bun (unfortunately hereditory :() with chronic infections and and we're well aware of what the outcome of this may be as his last x rays weren't good news either. He's still eating, he's nice and weighty, but his poorlyness in his eyes is getting worse again. :( Robert is a vet regular (very regular, obviously!) and they all know him so he'll at least know the faces. My other half usually drops them in, but I have to today. :(

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all the crossing of fingers and paws!

I've just got back from the vets, the out of hours number had been switched on, but we couldn't wait any longer to hear so we drove up there. Obviously, no news is good news, but no news can be too frustrating and although they'd have called me later, I'm impatient! :lol:
Anyway, he had the tear ducts flushed through again and the x rays showed that the mouth is still a mess, and the tooth root of one tooth was affecting him badly. That tooth has been removed, along with the corresponding one on the bottom. There was a lot of puss, as you'd expect. The x ray wasn't showing he's much worse from the last one, but a mess nonetheless. So, we go on with trying to keep him happy and comfortable (which he is usually, even with the chronic infections - ok, so he's not got the prettiest eyes, but those are my babies eyes and I love him to bits) until the next time.
He's not home yet, he's staying in tonight. His wife is missing him, as are we. He's our Bobbert Bear. :love:
I often feel like people in the waiting room take one look and make snap judgements due to how his eyes get. If only they had any idea how much time, money and pure love and devotion we spend on that guy.
Thanks again, guys, it's so great to know others care too! :)x

Robert still can't come home. Just got back from visiting him and he's on fluids so will be staying another night. :cry:

Awww sorry to hear he needs to stay in again. You must be missing him so much.

Thanks, weedug, we are! :( His wife is missing him too, she looks so lonely in the big run all alone. Their first separation since their bonding.

Thanks Tinsel, we hope he can come home tomorrow.

Back