• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Babies Babies Babies!

Starlight

Warren Veteran
The last of the 5 rescued does this morning finally gave birth this morning in foster care.

One problem.. she had 11 babies :shock::shock:

The other doe in foster care (same fosterer) wasnt a good mother and her 4 remaining have been reared by holding the babies to mum. They are now 2 and a half weeks old.

I am thinking daily checks to find the weak half of the litter, seperate them into a box, and feed them seperately using the above method as to make sure they are getting their feed?

Any other problems we may come across?

Yup, that sounds a good way to do it. They can feed sort of 2-3 times a dya if need be. Mum will most likely feed at dawn and suk so if you could do a feed in the middle of the day it might work well to squeeze in an extra one.

She is a little stunned and shocked!

Bearing in mind they originally only wanted to foster a single bunny when they started, the least they have had at one time is 3!! And now she has 17 with both litters and both mummies :shock:

Luckily, she is only 4 blocks away, so I am only a 10 minute walk away!
Her and her husband are going download, so for that weekend, I am moving in her house to continue baby duties! :lol:

When Ted's breeder has had to hand rear she's fed the babies every fourish hours for the first few days to give them some strength. ...but has NEVER had so many babies! :shock: Is there a new mum anywhere who could be a foster mum?

Back