• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How big do rabbits grow?

hiya,

i have a 6 month old mini lop and was wondering at what age they stop growing? Mylo seemed to grow quite a bit but slowed down a bit now.

I've been told 10-18 months depending on the breed. Small ones stop growing quite young and big ones take a bit longer. could be wrong though!

No way!! :shock: You learn a new thing every day! Frenchie's it's until 14 months, then they can bulk out a bit more. :)
yes they do ive been keeping these for years and they do grow till 2.5 years and then sad to say usually die around 4 years although my last one i have die was 7 and i do have a 6 yr old one in the rabbitry at the moment for some reason mine seem to have long life span could be the breeding ;)

Also be wary what people tell you about your rabbit... If he's from a pet shop they might say he's a mini lop but he could very well be a dwarf lop or a cross breed and they can grow pretty big. :lol:

Also be wary what people tell you about your rabbit... If he's from a pet shop they might say he's a mini lop but he could very well be a dwarf lop or a cross breed and they can grow pretty big. :lol:

thats very true never trust a pet shop lol

my rabbit is from a breeder, i saw his mum and dad, i think hell grow about the same size as his dad....i just cant remember how big his dad was!

Back