• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Right little trooper

rosiebunny

Mama Doe
Keith went for his post op check up today. He managed to break a tooth off at the tooth socket and rip the delicate wee bit of his nose, the vet operated the same day, on Friday.

ANYWAY, he had his post op check up and the vet was really suprised by how well he was doing. He was back eating his solid pellets the next day- didn't want the water soaked ones after the first night. Pooping well, drinking, running about the house like a mad thing a few hours after getting him home. He has one watering eye, but no sign of infection. Basically a very resilient bunny!

This isn't the first time Keith has surprised the vets- when I got him he had an awful stomach infection and was rushed to the vets after I found him lifeless in a pool of diarrhoea. The vet didn't rate his chances. She said we'll try to treat him, but he's awfully young and awfully ill, and to be prepared because he was unlikely to recover. Apparently the pet shop were known for having this terrible strain of bug in the cages, and they saw a lot of rabbits come in with it, but rarely survive. Keith was so tiny (no way he was 8 weeks like they said) that he was not in the survival group. The next day he was forming round but soft poos, the day after that they were hard, and he was running round the house like a daft mad thing. When I took him back for a check up a week later the vets were scratching their heads at this curious alive little thing- they hadn't expected to see him again.

Theres something about him- you can tell he's a trooper. I know I shouldn't have supported the bad pet shop by buying him, but he SO wanted to get out. And for all the effort (and cash!) I've put into helping him he rewards me by being such an affectionate loving bunny.

:love::love::love::love::love:

He still has bad malocclusion, but he wont let it get him down.

Back